Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Vampire Books for Boys

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Sep 20, 2012 08:44PM) (new)

Jenny | 722 comments A friend asked me for suggestions for books that have a vampire character in them for her 11 year old son. He is really interested in vampires, but most of the books she has found are aimed at teen girls. She is hoping for some titles without much romance but books that are appropriate for a young boy...

Any one have any suggestions at all? I'm going to search the library catalog and see if I find anything there.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 181 comments I've only read the first one...and it is a bit of a twist, but I kinda liked the Vampirates series, starting with Demons of the Ocean.

I also liked the Vladimir Tod books. In the series, the main character has a love interest, but it is definitely from a guy's point of view and the girl thing is not the biggest part of the story. I didn't think this one was too horrific either, more of a hero story.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 722 comments Thank you! My friend thought several of these sounded promising and she is very grateful.

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Partin (christopherpartin11) A Living Nightmare for sure.

message 5: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 5951 comments Mod
I know the Choose Your Own Adventure series is popular with boys and girls and one of the original books is Vampire Express. I haven't read it, so can't say for sure, but a friend liked it.

I'm trying to remember if any of Eva Ibbotson's books have vampires in them--the books are such fun and good for boys or girls. I don't think they are the protagonists, unfortunately. (I'm think of her
Dial-a-Ghost and the like)