Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Looking for Regency

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Here are a few really good regency stories. These are all available for Kindle. If you know of any good ones pleasse let us know.

The Stranger She Married
Seeking Persephone
Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career
The Wagered Bride
The Unexpected Wife
Secret Bride
Edenbrooke
The Earl's Mistaken Bride
The Blackmailed Bride
The Silent Governess

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Can't every book be as good as Edenbrooke?

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 183 comments Mod
A couple more of my favorite's: Shackles of Honor, Born for Thornton's Sake, Friends and Foes, and Kiss of a Stranger:)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments Sherwood Smith's Danse de la Folie is a clean and beautifully written Regency. Great intrigue and character development. It tied with Edenbrooke maybe even better because her writing and historical accuracy is stronger. Recommended it to book club and friends everyone loved it.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Michelle- thanks for the recommendation! I didn't know Ms. Smith had written a regency, how fun! I'll be sure to check it out!

message 6: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 7 comments I just read Julie Klassen's 5 novels. Her books are all Regency Inspirational Historical Romance. Whew, that's a lot of discripters! My favs were "The Silent Governess," "The Girl in the Gatehouse," and "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall." Her other two are "Lady of Milkweed Manor" and "The Apothecary's Daughter." These two were both good too, but not favorites. Her books are clean, but I will offer the disclaimer that some of her heroines have made serious mistakes. There is often a theme of redemption and forgiveness in these books. I found them beautiful and hopeful in that respect. But, if you like your heroine to be perfect or only have made minor mistakes, I would pass on her books. Enjoy!