Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium discussion

Can someone please direct me to a YA book WITHOUT a love triangle?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 180) (180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

ღIsabellaღ Love triangles are overdone. It's one of the most mainstream thing right now, and I hate mainstream things. Anyways, if anyone knows a good YA book without a love triangle? Think along the lines of Divergent.

This is a question for ALL people who think the LT trend is getting stale.

Gretchen Read anything by Robert Cormier, I am going to suggest you start with "I am the cheese."

ღIsabellaღ Gretchen wrote: "Read anything by Robert Cormier, I am going to suggest you start with "I am the cheese.""

Okay thanks:)

Crystal Bones of Faerie doesn't have a love triangle. It's kind of like a mix between a dystopian novel like Divergent and a faerie novel like The Iron King.

Avani The YA genre's love-triangle-to-not ratio is getting increasingly scarier! Let's see...
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Uh...yeah...

message 8: by VG/Allie (new) - added it

VG/Allie Also there is a very slight love triangle, but its only like for a few chts in
"Iron Fey"

Allegra Divergent is a dystopia YA book. There is a love attraction but with no triangle.

Claudia the Night Owl Ummmmm.... nope not possible.

Adrianna [SypherLily] Claudia(WildShadow) wrote: "Ummmmm.... nope not possible."

Obviously it is since quite a few of us are mentioning some.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Allegra wrote: "Divergent is a dystopia YA book. There is a love attraction but with no triangle."

YES!! DIVERGENT!!!!

Faith God, that is one of those things that you can never find in YA. I tend to live with them, sometimes they can be interesting if you don't mind all the fighting and "she's mine".

I would say, Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine
That series doesn't have a love triangle if you don't mind reading all the books. (personally the author's writing is addictive!)

message 14: by Susy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Susy Divergent!!
TEAM SEXY FOUR <3

Megan The Morganville Vampires series is a great one to choose! Love them all.

The Summoning has a small one, but its not a confusing one where the main character can't decide. The book is mostly about the teens running for their lives, so not much time for a love triangle. Check out the whole series. I'm obsessed. Lol

Veronica Blade has many cute, short books to choose from. They are all romance and mostly paranormal. Try A Bite's Tale and Something Witchy This Way Comes. Both are interesting and fun.

I'm sure there are more young adult books out there without the love triangle, but not many. Good luck! :)

message 16: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 21, 2012 10:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols Easy by Tammara Webber Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout Speechless by Hannah Harrington My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley Saving June by Hannah Harrington If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

Flat-Out Love and Such A Rush sound like they have a love triangle with brothers but they really don't. I hate love triangles and was glad they truly didn't end up having one.

message 17: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Hmmm, off the top of my head:
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1) by Heather Brewer and Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick.
Okay, Hush, Hush may seem like a love triangle sort of book, but i never really saw it as one.

Chisom ummm hmmm lemme think ughhh i guess... hmm idk bro i need some time for that one. i'll get back to you.

Veronica Shiver, Incarnate, DIVERGENT, Summoning, die for me, daughter of smoke and bone and morganville vampires.

Midnight It seems like every book has a love triangle. I can't stand it when the character can't choose one or the other.There has to be a favorite.

ღIsabellaღ Thanks guys! Although I've read Shiver, Hush, Hush, Divergent, Incarnate. And does anyone know if The Last Echo (Body Finder) Has a LT in it? I won't read it if it does, because I'm boycotting books like that now.

message 22: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Hmm, i havn't read The last Echo, and i don't have it, so i can't tell you. Sorry.

Veronica try Gemma Doyle trilogy it gives little emphsies over LT

Jennifer Isabella wrote: "Thanks guys! Although I've read Shiver, Hush, Hush, Divergent, Incarnate. And does anyone know if The Last Echo (Body Finder) Has a LT in it? I won't read it if it does, because I'm boycotting book..."

The Body Finder doesn't have a love triangle but the second and third books in the series introduce Rafe who creates a love triangle or so I am told because I haven't read the 2nd and 3rd book yet.

message 25: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I've found it REALLY hard to find an interesting book without love triangles! However, I agree with Megan's comment about A Bite's Tale and Something Witchy This Way Comes. Both are excellent books, with just the right amount of drama and romance without a LT.

Emily I second the Gemma Doyle Series- there's a bit of romance, but it's not the main focus, and it's not a live triangle.

message 27: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

Brianne Unwind and Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. It's a great series- you should check it out.

Natasha DIVERGENT, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, the girl of fire and thorns,

message 31: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Faith wrote: "God, that is one of those things that you can never find in YA. I tend to live with them, sometimes they can be interesting if you don't mind all the fighting and "she's mine".

I would say, [book..."

DON'T YOU LOVE SHANE COLLINS??? :))

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 27, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, doesn't have one, and it is my favorite book ever. In fact I haven't seen a triangle in any of her books really. Another of my favorites, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi also doesn't have one and it is PHENOMINAL! I didn't notice too much of one in Divergent by Veronica Roth....those are good too!Also I can't forget a couple other favorites (lol I have a lot I know) Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are relatively triangle free. Fire may have an itsy bitsy one, but it is not drug out or confusing....

message 33: by Michaela (last edited Sep 27, 2012 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michaela Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I really liked this book, and it doesn't really have a love triangle(just some idiots perceive it that way, I don't get it). It's written really well and is a little bit creepy. Well worth the read!

Gabriel Michaela wrote: "Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I really liked this book, and it doesn't really have a love triangle(just some idiots perceive it that way, I don't get it). It's written really well and is a little bit..."

I was just going to suggest Wither!
@ OP: You should definitely check out The Chemical Garden triology (Wither is the first book).

Brittany Pickett Eve by Anna Carey. Its a dystopian trilogy. It has love, but that is not the main story and there is no triangle at least not in the first 2 books. I really liked it!

Suzanna Hoang Yes, there are alot of love triangles being done today, but I don't think that it being mainstream should be the reason you shut it down. I think love triangles should only exist if they are done well (i.e the Infernal Devices), if they add something to the story rather than just be a lousy excuse to complicate a relationship. And Divergent was great, it didn't need a love triangle, much bigger fish to fry than to sit around thinking about another guy.

I particularly like them, pacing around your room in agony, trying to decide which character you prefer while throwing the book across the room and shoving your face in a pillow. Or maybe that's just me.

I just finished Legend by Marie Lu and it was awesome. I pray that there will be no love triangle in the second book, it definitely does not need one. And I have faith that Marie Lu will follow through because there is alot more going on.

Louise Croasdaile Valerie wrote: "Almost by Anne EliotSlammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen HooverHourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntirePoison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder and Kristin Cashore books for the most part don't."

I love the book Slammed and the second book Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover

Janine Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry...the best YA book I've read in a really long time! :)

Kathryn oh try BEFORE I FALL it is an amazing book!!!!!!!!! its by Lauren Oliver

Kathryn or HOURGLASS

Megan I just read the fifth one in The Grey Wolves series today and remembered that there is absolutely no love triangles throughout it. Lots of sarcasm, though :) The first book is Prince of Wolves

Nicole Kathryn wrote: "or HOURGLASS"

Dude, that one has a love triangle

Nicole Divergent doesn't have one... watch me jinx my luck and there be one in the third... BETTER NOT. BETTER NOT.

Tammy Parker Variant, Robinson Wells, Birthmark (but book 2, has one... but the story is so amazing), The Maze Runner, Article 5, Pure, Legend, The Burn, Cinder, Under the Never Sky, Scored, Enclave (but book 2 has a little one), Alice in Deadlands, Scars, X-Isle, Matched, The Uglies, have one but I loved the book.

Kelsey Winn Valerie wrote: "Almost by Anne EliotSlammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen HooverHourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntirePoison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder and Kristin Cashore books for the most part don't."

Almost isn't in stores in the US I don't think

Kelsey Winn Aria wrote: "The Fault In Our Stars by John Green."

AMAZING book!

Kelsey Winn Michaela wrote: "Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I really liked this book, and it doesn't really have a love triangle(just some idiots perceive it that way, I don't get it). It's written really well and is a little bit..."

the second one, Fever, is good too

Kelsey Winn Kathryn wrote: "oh try BEFORE I FALL it is an amazing book!!!!!!!!! its by Lauren Oliver"

Delirium by her is good too

message 50: by Libbie (last edited Oct 08, 2012 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Libbie A lot of the books I'd rec are listed above, but here are some others.

Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Fake Boyfriend Experiment by Stephanie Rowe The Hollow (The Hollow, #1) by Jessica Verday

« previous 1 3 4