Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > suspicians

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
What suspicions does Tom have about Gatsby? What does he vow to do?

message 2: by Andrea (last edited Sep 23, 2012 02:33PM) (new)

Andrea | 18 comments " some big bootlegger?" he thinks gatsby is new to being rich since the throws big parties. (pg 107) " I'd like to know who he is and what he does" insisted Tom "and I'll make a point of finding out" (pg 108) he vows down to know who gatsby is and daisy tells him that he owned a lot of drug stores (pg 108)

message 3: by Lyon (new)

Lyon Rivera | 16 comments Tom suspects that Gatsby is a fraud. "Who is this Gatsby anyhow?" "I didn't here it. I imagined it. A lot of these newly rich people are just big bootleggers" Tom wants to find out who the real Jay Gatsby is. "I'd like to know who he is and what he does, and i think i'll make a point of finding out."

message 4: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments Some Suspicions that Tim Has of Gatsby are that he bealives he is rich, because of all the big partys he has at his house.
Tom Is Very Determined to find out what Gatsby does and who he is. He has all this doubts because people told him that he had drug stores and of what everyone would say of him.

Josh Smith | 18 comments tom thinks Gatsby got his money from bootlegging and believes that he isn't telling the whole truth "who is this Gatsby anyhow?" demanded Tom suddenly. " some big bootlegger?" " alot of these newly rich people are just big bootleggers you know." tom vows to find out who Gatsby really is "i'd like to know who he is and what he does" insisted Tom "and i think ill make a point of finding out"

message 6: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments On page 107 Tom first says that Gatsby a big bootlegger. The reson that Tom says this is that he thinks the newly rich are bootleggers, and thinks that Gatsby is just that a newlyrich. What he vows to do is findout who exactly Gatsby is and what hes does. "I'd like to know who he is and what he does," instead Tom. "And I think I'll make a point of finding out." pg 108 Daisy tells him that he owns and owned drug stores that he build himself.

message 7: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments What suspicions does Tom have about Gatsby? What does he vow to do?
tom suspects Gatsby is not who he said he is maybe "some big bootlegger."pg 107 also tom vows to make a point of finding out who Gatsby is."id like to know who he is and what he does."pg 108"and i think i'll make a point of finding out."pg 108