Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > Gatsby's expectations

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
What is Gatsby expecting of Daisy that prompts Nick to warn him, "I wouldn't ask too much of her. . . You can't repeat the past"?

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments "he wanted nothing less of daisy than that she should go to Tom and say: 'i never loved you'" (pg 109) after that they would decide what to do. After she was free they would go back to Louisville and re-marry. "and she doesn't understand. She use to be able to understand." (pg 109) gatsby believes that he can repeat the past. " I'm going to fix everything just the way it was before, she'll see." (pg 110)

message 3: by Lyon (new)

Lyon Rivera | 16 comments Gatsby expects Daisy to walk up to tom and tell him she never loved him and give up her life to come back to him. Gatsby thinks that now that he is wealthy he can tell Daisy to leave her marriage because it seems like the simplest solution to Gatsby's convenience. "He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of god." This quote is talking about what Gatsby is expecting in his minds eye.

message 4: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments gatsby was expecting for daisy to walk up to Tom and tell him "i never loved you".
after she had obliterated four years

message 5: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments with that sentencr they could decide upon the more pratical measured to be taken"(pg.109)

"i wouldnt ask too much of her, " i ventured."you can't repeat the past." (pg.110)

message 6: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments with that sentencr they could decide upon the more pratical measured to be taken"(pg.109)

"i wouldnt ask too much of her, " i ventured."you can't repeat the past." (pg.110)

Josh Smith | 18 comments "he wanted nothing less of daisy than that she would go to tom and say: i never loved you" and that " after she was free, they where to go back to Louisville and be married at her house-just as if it had beed 5 years ago"

message 8: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments Gatsby wants Daisy to tell Tom that she doesnt love him and that she never did. "he want nothing less of Daisy than that she should go to Tom and say: i never loved you" pg 109 Gatsby also wants things between himself and Daisy return to the old days that is why Nick tells him that. How ever Gatsby still doesnt agree with Nick and is there for willing to fight for things to return the way he remebers them. " im going to fix everything just the way it was before," pg 110

message 9: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments "he wanted nothing less of daisy than that she would go to tom and say: i never loved you" and " after she was free, they where to go back to Louisville and be married at her house-just as if it had been five years ago" because five years ago he was poor and now he is on top and can give her the life she always wanted.