Terminalcoffee discussion

Help! I Need Help! > Giveaways on good read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Driftwood (new)

Driftwood | 58 comments Has anyone ever received a free book from the giveaway contests on here? Just wondered if it is worth trying or just a joke?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes, and some jokes just aren't funny.

I have tried a few times and never won anything. But I know other people get free books this way.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24386 comments Mod
Lots of threads on this issue in Feedback. Here's a recent one:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I've won loads, some good some not so much. I actually discovered a couple of authors through the giveaways that I really like and will continue to read. However, I feel too guilty when I can't get into and so don't want to read a book that has been sent to me. As a result, I have given up.

Driftwood, I think that it matters how much you sign up and how many people are in that particular giveaway, and maybe your profile pic. I find I get more if I have a particular pic. That may be my imagination...

message 5: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments I've won about 6 total and reviewed all of them. But I haven't won anything in a while despite of entering for tons.

No problem though -- I've won many thru blog giveaways. Also, right now I'm reading The Memory Thief that I won thru LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I had a lull as well, Mona. But, then I recently won one...the one I'm trying to pretend I don't have to read. I'm about THIS close *hold up fingers really close together* to accepting the inevitable and moving on. Though, I have never not reviewed a firstreads book. I expect I'll get blacklisted. Since I have (literally) hundreds of books either on my self or on my Nook that need to be read as well, I think I can live with it.

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) But, keep entering, Mona. You'll win again!

message 8: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments Oh I do but I'm just more picky. I really don't need to be entering these or going to the library or participating in blog giveaways/hops or hitting thrift store bookshelves and yet...

I have a cardboard jungle of books -- hundreds! Many times I check out books from the library that I probably already have. It's just easier than doing an archaeological dig.