UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Sequel to The Shining?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments Oooooooooooooooooooo

I am !!!!!

Unless it is crap of course... not read much of his later stuff but know that sometimes authors go off track... that said, there will be a lot of pressure for him to get it right so I am sure (hope) it will be great!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments That's the thing, Kath.

Remember under the dome?

I think I'll be waiting to buy until some reviews come in.

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments Yeah *sigh*

I dont really have much choice but to wait cos I can't afford to buy hardbacks and even when the paperback is out I usually wait til I see it in a charity shop or beg it off someone! I read quicker than I have available cash to feed my habit :(

Of course, if it is excellent then I "may" make an exception - we'll have to see!

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Murning | 46 comments Haven't read King since Gerald's Game—but have to admit I'm tempted by this one. I read the sequel to The Talisman (almost forgot about that one), which he wrote with Peter Straub, and didn't much care for it … but The Shining was such an incredible novel that I just want this one to work.

That said, the information that's been released so far makes it sound like a train wreck waiting to happen …

message 6: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Patti (Migrating Coconut) wrote: "Are we excited?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic..."

I'm finding it harder and harder to get excited about Mr King's books. I haven't even finished the JFK one.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I had a really hard time finishing that one too Darren.

As I said at the time,it really needed a thorough edit.

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I'm still churning through The Stand. Finding it very long-winded...

message 9: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I really enjoyed the stand! I've only read 1 other of his books before