The Game of Thrones Geek Group discussion

Introduction thread

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Satchwell (dannysatch) | 1 comments Hi all,

Just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26 and live in the UK. I read almost exclusively fantasy with a sprinkle of sci-fi. I'm half way through the last book in the series and have loved every bit of it.

how about you guys 'n' gals?

message 2: by Mario (new)

Mario (mchacond) | 7 comments Hi all,

I want to use Daniel's thread to introduce myself too. My name's Mario, I'm 25 y/o and I'm from Costa Rica (Central America). I just joined goodreads two days ago. I'm currently reading "A Feast for crows" (almost 50% done).
I think the Name Day of the Father of the Realm, George R. R. Martin, is a good day to join the group.

;)

message 3: by Nahtan (new)

Nahtan Resarf | 4 comments i watched the first series but im gonna read the 2nd book and im only twelve
. .
---

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven Helsel | 4 comments Just finish books 1-5 and getting ready to start watching season three.

message 5: by Joelle (new)

Joelle Lamarre | 4 comments Hi I'm Joelle Lamarre and I'm a GOT addict. Lol, I from the USA.

message 6: by Frank (new)

Frank | 1 comments Hi All:

I'm Frank, just located your group and fairly new to this site. I have been reading this series since inception back in 1996, the first three books were released in a acceptable time frame but waiting eleven years for the past two books has been tough. I stick with it because it is such as great series. I have also met George RR Martin at several conventions years ago, and it can be appreciated that he is a gentleman, even today with fame and fortune I believe he is unchanged. What I really hope is that he can wind up this series in the next two books, although I fear that is not going to happen.
What does everyone else think?

message 7: by Soumyabrata (new)

Soumyabrata Gupta | 1 comments Hi all!,
I am Soumyabrata from India. I joined goodreads a month or so back. As for the ASOIAF series goes. Well to be honest, I read it last year itself. I ordered the first four books of the series at one go and then read them in two weeks. I mean I read constantly for two weeks to complete the four books. They were undoubtedly fantastic. And then against my better judgement I ordered the fifth book and lo behold! Before I knew it I had read it up as well. And now I am agonizing over the date when GRRM will finally release the books. The wait is excruciatingly painful! But A Song of Ice and Fire series is worth every minute that you spend with it. the rest of the world stops mattering!!!!

message 8: by Seejay (new)

Seejay Swift | 1 comments Hi! I am a computer programmer, web developer. My website is SEEJAYSWIFT.COM