Writing Help-Group For Everyone discussion

WRITING INFLUENCES. > Need Help With Coming Up With Any Story Ideas Or What To Do Next In Your Story?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 3313 comments Mod
Okay, so if any of you guys ever need help with inspiration for a story, or the ideas with what next to do in a story you are currently writing, feel free to ask us here! But when asking, please give a little insight as to what your character(s) are doing before we suggest ideas.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments Yaaay! ok-My characters-Names are Yazmin and Yara are on the run from an magical being name Kelly( I'm still trying to come up with a name for my mystical creature), and I'm need help on a location. It need to be areas that give off the feeling of dark, mystery, gloom, magical, etc.

message 3: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Julius (bookseeker007) | 1781 comments Mod
Iesha wrote: "Yaaay! ok-My characters-Names are Yazmin and Yara are on the run from an magical being name Kelly( I'm still trying to come up with a name for my mystical creature), and I'm need help on a location..."

I see... I'll do some thinking and get back to you on that.

message 4: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:00AM) (new)

Iesha wrote: "Yaaay! ok-My characters-Names are Yazmin and Yara are on the run from an magical being name Kelly( I'm still trying to come up with a name for my mystical creature), and I'm need help on a location..."

Hmm. A dark but enchanting scary, sad forest, perhaps? As in, it gives the character fear, and perhaps grief, but enchants them into its deep, ever-darkening trees.

I'll have to give it thought, too, I'm afraid. ;)

message 5: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Okay, I have a few:

Haundora, Tar'en'zur, Ashkir. Those are more dark I suppose than mysterious, but they are just ideas.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 1380 comments Mod
i need help for names of places like forest adn stuff...at teh moment all the p,laces in my story are latin .... like
a lake in ilca is called lake ______ <--- lake in lating so its baisiclly lake lake

message 7: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

How about 'Lake Isilia' or some roll-off-your-tongue type name?

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments Julius wrote: "Okay, I have a few:

Haundora, Tar'en'zur, Ashkir. Those are more dark I suppose than mysterious, but they are just ideas."

Thaaaaannnnnnkkkk Yooooooouuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Julius wrote: "How about 'Lake Isilia' or some roll-off-your-tongue type name?"

Is that even Latin? O_o

message 10: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Who says it has to be Latin?

message 11: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Well, I just tho-- Oh, nevermind! *dramatically takes off glasses and cleans them* You guys are confusing me. *puts them back on, realizing the amount of mud that had come off* Hmmmm. That explains the discomfort...:D

Julius wrote: "How about 'Lake Isilia' or some roll-off-your-tongue type name?"

sounds nicE!! here is what i ahve so far:
Forests
• Rag forest
• Nolck Woods
• Arnos forest
• The endless fields
Mountains
• The Baron Mountains
• The Snowy Peeks
• Mt. Saro
• The great mountain strip
Villages
• Coogar
• Ousolna
• Narca - change
• Firan
• Solona

Castles
• Mortem Castle
• Vitam Castle

Oceans & Deserts
• Felena Desert
• Derka Sea
• The ocean of Aura
• The Fen Sea
• Fulmen River
• Fulmen Delta
• Lacus lake
• Malum lake
• Stagnum Pond
• Catarracta falls
• Alueus Channel
• Bracchium Estuary
• Labor Meander
• Caeruleus stream
• Fringius Creek
• Ferre brook
• Conicunctis lake
• Argentum lake
• Facere lake
• Exsplendesco creek (an ice creek)
Change!!

and pheobs, i just made them latin names cause:
A couldnt think of anythin else na d
b) i like latin

.....most f those are the latin names like Catarracta falls....Catarracta measn waterfall!!

message 14: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

I kinda guessed from the gist of it. I think Latin names are cool, too. ^_^

So u want to change all of them? O_o

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments Such a long list of names 0.0-Is thinking[at least I thinking about different combination of names now]:D

message 16: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

That's good, Iesha! :D

xXD

hopefully no one understands latin since most of the names in ilca are latic and also the gods

message 18: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Lol do still need help? We haven't helped much before.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Priester (jenniferpriester) The story I am currently having trouble with is about a superhero character called The Star Power Puppy aka Star Power. Recently I was working on a new story that takes place in Star Powers city, but I have no idea what to call it. I want something that sounds like a city that would easily be associated with Star Power but everything I come up with has been used before so I don't really have any good ideas.
Star Power's abilities come from a star shaped marking on his head. And the star gives him the abilities to levitate objects, read minds and project his thoughts and others by using his star marking like a movie projector. He has a few other abilities as well but at the moment I can't think what they are.
While you are thinking of that maybe you could also help name the city in which the superheroes of Black Cat and her sidekick Chihuahua live. Black Cat and Chihuahua have very similar abilities. They both can fly, are very strong, have better than usual senses, and more. In personality and brains Black Cat is a little like a more affectionate and kitty version of Batman, while the impulsive Chihuahua's best representation, if we go by DC heroes, would probably be Impulse. So when you are thinking of a name try to come up with something that represents both of them.

message 20: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Hmmm... I'll think on it a bit and get back to you.

message 21: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Jennifer wrote: "The story I am currently having trouble with is about a superhero character called The Star Power Puppy aka Star Power. Recently I was working on a new story that takes place in Star Powers city, b..."

I tried posting something before with suggestions, but it seems goodreads has decided to stop working on me...

Anywho, I will try to come up with some more, so that, hopefully, goodreads will let me post on here. May I suggest, though, that a word not in English might do the trick? Sometimes other languages hold more ring in words.

message 22: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

For your first name how about, 'Trouble in Star Powers City'; 'The Adventures of Star Power'; 'Star Power: the Brave and the True'. There're a couple ideas.

But if you mean city names (and not titles) then how about: 'Cosmos City'; 'Galaxy'; or even 'Plutus'?

As for names for Black Cat's city: 'Shadowville'; 'Lotus City'; 'Emerald City'. Not sure that represents both the cat and the dog, but they are a couple suggestions.