Readers Against Prejudice and Racism discussion

Group Discussions > If you had the opportunity to live in a different culture, which one would you choose?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 101 comments Given the chance, which society culturally distinct from your own would you choose to live in for a particular period of time and why?

message 2: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 688 comments Mod
I would want to live in Japan for a few years because I found their culture very interesting and it would be great living in a different country and experiencing the different cultures of the other countries.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 24 comments The Nordics sound absolutely beautiful but learning Finnish or Swedish wouldn't as much (hey, if it's about living there and if people are willing to teach me, absolument!). :D

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 100 comments I'd love to live in Tuscany. The wine, the food, the people, the architecture and history...! That, and the setting for my first novel is in ancient Rome.

message 5: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Kathy wrote: "I'd love to live in Tuscany. The wine, the food, the people, the architecture and history...! That, and the setting for my first novel is in ancient Rome."

That would be a great place to live in!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 101 comments I would like to live in Russia or the UK for a few months. The cultures are interesting and in the case of Russia, love the language.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to live in England for a little while. I once met a tourist from America when she was visiting Australia, and she said in Australia she found people of different cultures tended to hang around in separate groups, sticking to their culture, but she said in England people of other cultures were mixed in with everyone else. I said that terribly, but you know what I mean - people weren't separated as much. I'd love to visit England and see what that's like. That would be refreshing. And London is cool :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 101 comments London does seem like it would be a cultural melting pot.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

New Zealand or Finland(already know the language/Finnish)

message 10: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Allison wrote: "New Zealand or Finland(already know the language/Finnish)"

I would like to visit those places also! I definitely would love to learn more about the culture of New Zealand!

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (oyastorm77) Scotch. I have Scot-Irish ancestry and I'd love to explore that side of me.

message 12: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Scotch. I have Scot-Irish ancestry and I'd love to explore that side of me."

That's great to hear! That sounds like an interesting ancestry!