SHSU Library Science Book Club discussion

Liar & Spy
This topic is about Liar & Spy
LIAR & SPY > LIAR & SPY by Rebecca Stead

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (last edited Sep 19, 2012 02:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karin (kperry) | 89 comments Mod
Post your responses to Rebecca Stead's LIAR & SPY in this discussion thread.

Shawna (shawnaford1) | 9 comments I read LIAR & SPY just recently and was not disappointed! In June, I met the author at the Dallas MOA book festival and have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to read her newest book. Georges, the main character, is a likeable character who is struggling with adjusting to a new home after his dad loses his job. He meets Safer, a boy in his new apartment building, and they begin "spying" on a neighbor. Not only does Stead have a way of creating unusual characters, which is why I also enjoyed her first book, WHEN YOU REACH ME, she also throws in a few unexpected twists that keeps a reader guessing.

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Oct 08, 2012 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tracy J Hora | 11 comments I just saw this on the "new arrivals" at the library. It looks like a quick read. I think I will take a break from my current book and read this one. I liked WHEN YOU REACH ME too, so it looks like I will enjoy this one.

Tawnya | 17 comments Loved this book! Great lessons on friendship, bullying, and dealing with what life throws at you. Did not expect the end.

Rebecca Sharp (rebeccasharp) | 3 comments I was finally able to find a copy of this novel at the library and I started it this weekend.

Tracy J Hora | 11 comments I finished this weekend. I didn't love the whole book while I was reading it, but the end made it all well worth while!!! Loved it. As a matter of fact, I recommended it to one of the librarians for her book club. (I work at a public library.)

Shawna (shawnaford1) | 9 comments I agree, the ending was well written! Sometimes you read a book and the ending is the best part and then other books, the ending is a complete let down! I just finished an adult book that I couldn't put down and then when I got to the end, I was stunned at how the author wrapped everything up!

Karin (kperry) | 89 comments Mod
I liked it too, but I was hoping it would be as good as WHEN YOU REACH ME.

Stephanie Sapp | 13 comments Just finished this book. This book is also on my Newbery contender list, not sure if it is strong enough though. I enjoyed the story and especially liked the mystery behind Georges' mother.