Team Twilight discussion

General > New Moon Casting Rumors Dispelled

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Stephanie New Moon Casting Rumors Dispelled
Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 9:13pm

Twilight had just hit theaters when rumors began to swirl around who would be cast in New Moon. It has resulted in heated arguments and a lot of undue hype. It started with recasting then-director Catherine Hardwicke with Chris Weitz.

Next, it was Taylor Lautner versus Michael Copon. Then it was Vanessa Hudgens and Lucas Grabeel from High School Musical. And that's just the beginning. Dakota Fanning, Jodelle Ferland, Ian McKellen, Alan Rickman, AnnaLynne McCord; the list goes on and on.

And throughout all of this, no one has bothered to show any journalistic integrity to find out if these rumors are actually true! We've been following up on these rumors directly with the people who ought to know the answers. So, shall we take a look at what is fact and what is fiction?

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, and Taylor Lautner will all be reprising their roles in the Twilight franchise. The rumors surrounding Taylor were true; it was unclear even to Stephenie Meyer if he would be playing the part of Jacob Black, but Taylor came through in shining colors to prove he was the best man for the job.

Back when these rumors were being taken seriously, we interviewed Michael Copon to get his thoughts. He confirmed with us that he was never offered the part; that he was only being considered for it and that it was his belief that he would be the better Jacob. Personally, I disagree. As I stated in another article on a different topic, but still relevant to this situation, replacing characters from an existing franchise is a mistake.

We know that Vanessa Hudgens is not going to be in New Moon. Melissa Rosenberg, who wrote both films, told People Magazine at the 61st Annual Directors Guild of America Awards that Leah Clearwater, the part sought by Vanessa, does not appear until the third film. Another High School Musical star, Lucas Grabeel, has been rumored to be taking on the role of Alec. Lucas confirmed to us in an interview that he has not auditioned for the part and didn't even have any knowledge of the rumor until his girlfriend brought it up to him!

The only credible rumor to date is Dakota Fanning for the part of Jane. Although we have not received confirmation one way or another, the fact that Rosenberg was not willing to discuss it makes the rumor a little more valid. If it weren't true, she could have simply said so, like she did with Vanessa, but Rosenberg did not do that.

As for the others, they are hardly worth mentioning at this time. We'll continue to follow this story and bring you the facts rather than the fiction that many publications choose to write about. Here at PopStar News, we do not believe in idle gossip. And we strongly believe that reporting news should be done on a factual basis. If you want to know what's really going on, just check back with us; when we know something, so will you.

message 2: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Thank goodnees Vanessa isn't going to be Leah! What about Dr. Cullen and Esem? Are the same people playing them in New Moon?

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) "that Leah Clearwater, the part sought by Vanessa, does not appear until the third film."

Wasn't Leah in the 2nd one?? Or was she not in it???
IDK but, if she was, then that means they changed it some...

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) I think that means that Leah Clearwater's part is just not in the movie...Leah (physically) wasn't a major part of the plot of New Moon.

message 5: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments She was mentioned in the second book but she isn't seen by Bella intill Eclipse when Bella is under Jacob's watch at the camp fire.

message 6: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (carmyk) Now for yeah!

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) The only part I would be worried about is when they create the role for Eclipse...and who will be playing Leah in that movie.

message 8: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Hopefully not Vanessa, maybe the casting people will see how much fans really dislike her, espeasily when we though she might play Leah, so they won't give her teh role.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Leah is actually in new moon at a dinner at billys house that charlie and bella go to. But she's talking on the phone the whole time so...

message 10: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Yeah I guess they can cut that whole part and it won't be a very big deal. Who was she talking to on the phone?

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I dont think it ever said...

message 12: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Er! Now that's going to bug me! I want to know!

message 13: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments dont want vanessa in the movies at all lol!!! i dont like her or her voice! lol :P

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 07, 2009 08:48PM) (new)

i hate her!!

u know the movie coraline?? well it seems like it sucks so i never played any attention to it and today i saw a commercial and decided to actually watch it and daktota fanning is coraline's voice!! i was ike god no wonder it sounded so annoying and fimiliar!

message 15: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments lol :P i hate dakoda and vanessa!!! lol :P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

me too!!

message 17: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments haha great min think alike!! hahaa they jus need to go away haha then we wouldnt have to worri about rob and taylor!! lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

ik! and mary should go away too! then i really wouldnt have to worry about people wanting my feiance!

message 19: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments haha do you both like him??! lol funni i guess we all do my frist cleb crush... ROB PATTINSON!!!! haha

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

haha yeah we both <3 him and we fight about him all the time!!!

well itm so tired!! im gunna go too sleep!

goodnite!

message 21: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments HAHA funni i wud to if i went to ur school haha, but i wud turn it into about rob haha

okk nite nite well 6:06pm 4 me but lol

nite! haha

x :P

message 22: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Me and my friends don't fight over our Twilight crushes cause we each like some one different. Sorta. We all agree that the male cast in the movie, besides Billy and Charlie, are gorgous!

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments haha
especially cam, taylor and kellan!! yummy!

message 24: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Agreed totally!

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 113 comments i believe all the peeps playing the cullens will play the cullens in new moon. yay!

message 26: by Meghan (last edited Feb 08, 2009 01:09PM) (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Yay! Too bad there is no James in New Moon though... Cause Cam is hot!

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments haha IK!!!

message 28: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I love how at one point he doesn't have a jacket on, then at one point it's on, but it's open. It's like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Yummy! :)

message 29: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments yahhh!!! ik!! sameee!!! so good! hes like a god! lol...and those abbs!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

omg!! ik!! when cam came out me and my friend were texting eachother like omg! i could eat off his abs and stuff like that it was so funny!

but cam!! ahh georgeous!but not as georgeous as taylor!

=]

message 31: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Espeialy w/ his new rock hard abs and mucho big arms!
Thank goodness in New Moon he barly ever has a shirt on!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

ik!!

taylor said he cant wait to say the line "does my being half naked bother u?" that just cracks me up!! but my answer is nope!! i like it!!! lmao!!

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments haha.like does he even have to ask?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

haha ik! i love when he duznt wear a shirt when he hang out!

mary--like mr santilli! lmao!

message 35: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments LOL I CANT WAIT TILL NEW MOON!!! lol its gonna be awesome!! but ill mis edward TOOOO MUCH!!!! i got sick of jake! lol but hes still deff REALI HOTT!!!!! haha but i was reali pissed off at him in eclipse where bella fell for his trick and was like "kiss me jacob!" and i was like poor edward!!!! :( and them jake went all hard out on bella! :( it was so sad for edward the whole time i was like im gonna punch the living daylights out of you boy!!!

message 36: by Meghan (last edited Feb 09, 2009 02:40PM) (new)

Meghan | 531 comments ME TOO! Sorry Sara and Mary but I hate Jake! (I don't like how he is a jerk after he phases and trys to steal Bella from Edward) (But know thinking of it. If Jacob took Bella Edward would be free... Mwhahaha!)

message 37: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments o i GUESE its ok since i dont like edward. lol so. o but sara doesnt like jacob, she only likes him b/c taylor lautner plays him. one second shes all, I HATE JACOB. then taylor plays him and shes all, omg!!! i love jacob!! ahhh
lol

message 38: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Same w/ me. Acctually I still hate Jacob even though the guy playing him is extremly hot.
I guess we're even since you don't like my favoite character and I don't like yours.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

ok. mary i said i like him a little more now but not b/c of taylor. and i dont NOT love him aat all!! and 2nd of all i wanted to puch jacob in eclipse when he was making out w/ bella! ugh! it got mee soo po.ed!!

message 40: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Me too! Sara I'm guessing you're a Edward + Bella = Forever person...
I don't like Jacob any more even though he is played by one of the hottest people ever!
My friend likes Jacob, but she likes it more when he's sad. Which is weird since she hates how her BF is emotional.... Weird

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

haha.

yes. im team edward!! all they way!!

message 42: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Yay! Go Team Edward!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

haha ik!

message 44: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments lol yea go team edward!! haha i LOVE HIM!!!! hes mine!!! haha but i agree sara jacob making out with bella pissed the hell out of me!! lol i wanted to walk up to him and punch him like bella did lol but without the breakage part lol he was so anoying!! i dont like the carachter Jacob ... BUT I LOVE TAYLOR LAUNTER THE ACTOR HAHA but no way near as much as MY HOTTIE ROB!!! haha xox <3

message 45: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments i was like YAH JACOB!!! DONT LEAVE!!! U ROCK!! ...haha that was what was going through my head. o and GOD I WANNA KILL BELLA!! GET UR HANDS OF FOF JACOB! HES MINE! lol

message 46: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I wanted to punch Jacob too! I was screaming when I read this part, I think my parents ran in to make sure I was ok since I was screaming really lound.

message 47: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliMae94) | 985 comments haha more like jacob stop pissing me off and tricking bella!! all i was thinking during that chapter was: OMG POOR EDWARD!!!! I WANNA KILL JACOB!!!! AND GIVE BELLA A PIECE OF MY MIND!!!!!!!! lol

message 48: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Oh. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

message 49: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments i was like, TAKE THAT EDWARD!!! SUCKER!!!

message 50: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Mary. Mary. Mary.

« previous 1