Read It Forward discussion

Michael Douglas: A Biography
This topic is about Michael Douglas
Book Chats > MICHAEL DOUGLAS by Marc Eliot

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Read It Forward | 97 comments Mod
We love Marc Eliot's celebrity biographies. He digs deep and turns up great never-before-told stories, all without being mean-spirited or salacious. He really allows us inside the lives of some of Hollywood's brightest stars: Walt Disney, Cary Grant, Jimmu Stewart, Clint Eastwood, and most recently, Michael Douglas.

Enjoy Marc Eliot's Read It Forward list of 10 Things You Didn't Know about Michael Douglas.

RIFers! We want to know: what are some of your favorite celebrity biographies?

message 2: by Beth (last edited Sep 27, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 57 comments I'm trying to remember if I ever read a celebrity biography. I must have.

I remember one several years ago about Barbara Streisand. I forget the title because it wasn't great.

I honestly don't remember any others. :-(

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Tayrien | 5 comments the one i remember most was about the old movie star stewart granger, whose real name was jimmy stewart. it was just a facinating read about the way hollywood used to be. was reading in a library and so engrosed, i got a parking ticket. that i remember too. and it was at least 25 years ago.

Read It Forward | 97 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "the one i remember most was about the old movie star stewart granger, whose real name was jimmy stewart. it was just a facinating read about the way hollywood used to be. was reading in a library..."

Linda, that's a great story about how we can lose ourselves in books! Thanks for sharing.

message 5: by Beth (last edited Sep 27, 2012 09:03AM) (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 57 comments Do presidents count? If so, I've read one on George Bush, another on John Adams, and another on Truman. How about first ladeies Spoken from the Heart? How about Going Rogue: An American Life?

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Tayrien | 5 comments would not pick up or pay for sarah palin's book. not sure about laura bush's. would go for more historic figures.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 57 comments Linda wrote: "would not pick up or pay for sarah palin's book. not sure about laura bush's. would go for more historic figures."
The question asked about celebrity books we've read. I don't know if politicians would be considered celebrities. That's all I can think of, though. But I certainly wouldn't have tried to insult anyone's reading choice. I do agree, though, that reading about current politicians can be a drag.