Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sweet Tea and Jesus Shoes (Sweet Tea, #1)
This topic is about Sweet Tea and Jesus Shoes
Adding New Books > Please add new audiobook

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Howlett | 117 comments Could the audio version of this book be added to the collection? I am the narrator.

* Sweet Tea and Jesus Shoes
* by Deborah Smith, Sandra Chastain, Virginia Ellis, Debra Dixon, Donna Ball, and Nancy Knight
* ASIN B0098JAVN0
* Publisher: BelleBooks, Inc.
* Publication date: August 29, 2012
* Format: audiobook
* Description: **(This description is from the publisher's site. Amazon and Audible have used it but it didn't originate there.)** Come sit on the porch a spell. Let's talk about times gone by and folks we remember, about slow summer evenings and lightning bugs in a jar. Listen to the music of a creaky swing and hand-cranked ice cream and cicadas chorusing in the sultry night air. Let's talk about how things used to be in the South--and for some of us, they way they still are.

Welcome to the world of Sweet Tea and Jesus Shoes, where award winning authors Deborah Smith, Sandra Chastain, Virginia Ellis, Debra Dixon, Donna Ball and Nancy Knight come together for the first time to create this poignant, humorous collection of nostalgic tales. Here life's lessons are handed down--liberally sprinkled with hilarity--from eccentric relatives, outrageous pets and unrepentant neighbors, and served up with a generous dollop of that most valued of all Southern commodities: good old fashioned storytelling. From Mississippi to Georgia, from Florida to Tennessee, these daughters of the South will take you on a lush tour of the times and places they know best, each voice as refreshing and inviting as a glass of cold sweet tea on a hot afternoon.

So come. Let us take you back. Let us take you home.

* Link to cover on a NON-BOOKSELLER site. Here's a link to the cover on my blog: http://freezeframelah.blogspot.com/20...

Since ACX (which produces the books for Audible which is, of course, owned by Amazon) insists that the narrators are responsible for publicizing their recordings, we are allowed to use the covers and the clips that we supply as the commercial sample. We're encouraged to blog, tweet, use Soundcloud, Facebook and any other social media sites to advertise the publication of the book.

I hope this helps.

Lee Ann Howlett

message 2: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Book has been added:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

If you provide your name, we can add you as the narrator as well.

message 3: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Howlett | 117 comments vicki_girl wrote: "Book has been added:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

If you provide your name, we can add you as the narrator as well."

Hi Vicki,
My name is Lee Ann Howlett. I believe I already have a narrator page on Goodreads.

Thanks!
Lee Ann

message 4: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments You have been added.

message 5: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Howlett | 117 comments vicki_girl wrote: "You have been added."

Thank you! :)
Lee Ann