She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > September Newsletter: Last Call for October Recs!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Sep 20, 2012 11:42AM) (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
Greetings, fellow She-Geeks!

So, I'm pretty stoked to pick out books for the month of October because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I LOVE horror stories! If you haven't already done so, feel free to post your blood-curdling suggestions in this thread before we start the polls in 5 days (Sep 24th).

For those unfamiliar with how the polls work, there are three monthly polls (one for comics, one for manga, one for novels). Of each poll, three nominations are picked from your suggestions in the recommendations thread. They are picked according to popularity so comments like "Ooh, that sounds interesting!" helps me pick out nominations. In the case where two or more books are equally praised, I will simply pick the suggestion that was posted first (by date, and if necessary, time). The polls are held during the last week of the month, and results will be announced on the first day of the following month.

In other news, I remember sharing my enthusiasm with you gals back in July (when I first started She-Geeks) about the 20 members who joined. The fact that we now have TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FOUR members is redonkulous. I just woke up one morning, logged in, and saw that the head count went from 30 to 120. I started cabbage-patching it up in this mofo. Spilled OJ and everything. Not only am I pleased with the numbers, but I've read your intros and you guys are pretty rad and hardcore (^_^). QUANTITY AND QUALITY. Just how we like it over here at She-Geeks. I hope we continue running into a lot of good reads and discussions through this book club together. If you have any questions, please feel free to message either me or Celeste, who's been such a doll with her contributions to the group. Farewell until next time, She-Geeks!

Oh, and one more thing...

PEACE!

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (dancingcrane) | 23 comments Hi! How about "In Odd We Trust", the first graphic novel prequel (Queenie Chan, artist) to Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas books.

message 3: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "Hi! How about "In Odd We Trust", the first graphic novel prequel (Queenie Chan, artist) to Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas books."

Hi, Kimberly. We're pleased to have you here at She-Geeks.
Post your suggestions in --> October Recommendations <-- for all of us to view.

message 4: by Marnee (new)

Marnee (starsandchocolate) | 16 comments Hello, I'm new, and this is not a horror recommendation, but in October, the movie, Cloud Atlas will be coming out and the movie was written and directed by Lana & Andy Wachowski who also did the film The Matrix. The book is by David Mitchell and I'm curious about what it will all look like...I read a great article about the movie and the authors were so excited about the book that it was hard not to be curious!

message 5: by Sosaburo (new)

Sosaburo | 2 comments Recomend manga: midnight secretary and hellsing are good choices

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.