Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy question

If Lissa hadn't turned Dimitri back into a dhampir, do you think that Rose would have moved on with Adrian?
Alexis Alexis (last edited Sep 19, 2012 04:41PM ) Sep 19, 2012 06:36AM
Rose did cheat on Adrian, but in all fairness, we all know that Rose would never give up on Dimitri. She might have one day successfully killed him in battle but she wouldn't have been happy. Have you ever read Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmare? If you have, you know how Cas couldn't even face the thought that Anna was being punished, so he went into Hell to save her. If VA was that sort of story, I think Rose would have done something relatively similar to that. Rose might have loved Adrian, but it's also kind of like the Vampire Diaries. Damon met Elena first and fell in love with her first. Then Stefan came along and he fell in love with Elena too. She didn't know she had met Damon until after she met and fell in love with Stefan, and rght now the story wants you to believe that Stefan is the one for her and Damon is another Adrian. It is the other way around, but you get the point. My point is, Rsoe loved Dimitri. Nothing could change or altar that. Adrian was just the glue that held her together will Dimitri was Strigoi. He was just someone to pass the time with until Dimitri could be revived, but in the broke Adrian's heart to be with Dimitri. Then Adrian sort of fell in love with Sydney. A bloody mess isn't it?

Kind of sucks that this 'spoilery' topic is listed under Vampire Academy. Some people haven't read all the books yet, and this could ruin it for them.

Sandra (last edited Sep 19, 2012 07:21AM ) Sep 19, 2012 07:21AM   1 vote
I think she would have tried. I do believe she loves Adrian, in her own way. But I think they would have made themselfs miserable in the long run. Adrian can't keep doing the 'I'll better myself for her' routine, since he does it for the wrong reasons. And that is hard to keep up with. Rose would have never gotten over Dimitri. And there is no way Adrian will be able to change that fact. It's hard to say, but if Dimirti hadn't come back, I'd say she'd never be happy with anyone else. She's too fixated on Dimitri being 'the one'.

Veronica totally agree. adrian's reasoning is wrong. he should be a good person because he wants it and he knows it's right thing to do and not merely to pleas ...more
Oct 28, 2012 11:52AM · flag

Thanks for spoiling the rest of the series with the discussion topic title!

Perhaps you could have had this topic listed under the book that involves this spoiler so that you may freely discuss it without ruining the series plot for others.

Alexis Your quite welcome. I live for spoiling everyone's books! ...more
Oct 07, 2012 07:15AM

Okay. I'm only going to say this once...

PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THAT DIMIRTI WAS TURNED INTO A STRIGOI, AND THIS IS GIVING SPOILERS TO THOSE PEOPLE!!! SORRY FOR THE BOLDING AND CAPITALISING, BUT I FEEL THIS IS VERY UNFAIR AND DISRESPECTFUL TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONLY FINISHED THE FIRST BOOK.

She would still have set out to kill him and if unsuccessful would've died attempting. Adrian and rose were not meant for one another

I somehow don't think so. I believe she would've killed Dimitri to save Lissa and Christian and try to be with Adrian. But in the end I don't think Adrian and Rose would've been happy. Ever.

I think they were never meant to be together... even if they got together they would eventually break up because they're not meant for each other. I think Rose would never give up on Dimitri, she would probably find another way to turn him back. Plus, Adrian is meant to be with Sydney. She understandshim better than Rose ever will and she will not cheat on him, I hope.

To me, Adrian and Rose seemed more friends than .....I don't know what to say, boyfriend/girlfriend? And, Rose was using him, so sooner or later Adrian would have caught up on that fact, and the problems would have started, even if Dimitri was dead.

I don't think Rose would ever forget Dimitri and neither she nor Adrian will become happy if they stay together, solemnly because she just can't forget about Dimitri.

I don't think she would have ever been truly happy with Adrian. Sure, she would have killed Dimitri to save Lissa but if there was any chance to save both of them, then she would have taken it. And she did. Rose and Dimitri were made for each other. The end. :)

Yes of course Rose would move on, it didnt seem like Rose did really have true feeling about Adrian. i thought she was only liking him because Dimitri had to do something( totally forgot)