Iced (Fever, #6) Iced discussion

SPOILER ALERT - A message from KMM :-) !!!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 73) (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Estelle (E) “I make a new discovery that totally blows…dying is the easy part. It’s coming back to life that sucks.” ICED

The other day one of my friends was asking about the new book coming out. He’s a huge fan of the FEVER series, and hangs out at my FB page regularly so I was surprised to discover he had no idea what ICED was about, or where it fit into the overall FEVER story arc. I realized you could probably use some clarification, too.

ICED is the sixth book in the Fever series. The only difference is ICED is narrated by Dani, interspersed with various other first-person points of view. (One of those first person points of view is Christian MacKeltar.)
ICED opens up one week before Shadowfever ends, at the sidhe-seer’s abbey, the morning after the Cruce got imprisoned beneath it. You don’t miss a beat in the action I developed in the prior books.

Some of the characters you will see: Dani, Dancer, Ryodan, Christian, Lor, Jo, Kat, Cruce, Velvet, a glimpse or two of Mac & Barrons, and many others.

BURNED and FLAYED are books 7 & 8 in the Fever series. Again, told from Dani’s viewpoint, plus others. Books 9 & 10 will return to Mac’s point of view. Mostly. If you don’t read 6, 7 & 8, books 9 and 10 won’t make any sense.

Here are a few of the main questions I keep getting asked.

Q: How old is Dani in this series?
A: 14 when it starts. 17 when it ends.

Q: Ew. Teens can’t have sex!
A: Right. What world are you living in?

Q: Does she have sex at 14?
A: No.

Q: Is there sex in this trilogy?
A: Have you forgotten whose writing it?

Q: Is Dani’s voice the same as it was in the Fever books?
A: No. In the Fever books Dani was 5% of the story, so I made her voice colorful enough to stand out in an epic world. In ICED, her story is epic, so her voice is more natural, more her own.

Q: When Dani does lose her virginity will it be with one of the males in ICED?
A: Yes.

Q: Do these books end on cliffhangers?
A: No. ICED gives a solid feel-good wrap.

Q: Do you love Dani’s story as much as Mac’s?
A: Absolutely, and I was astonished by that. I thought it was going to be much harder to leave Mac and Barrons than it was. I realized I hadn’t left them at all. I’d merely detoured down a different dark street in Dublin. Still looking up at the Old World façade of BB&B at night, with all the lights on, still seeing Barrons ‘(Bugatti in ICED) glide down the street, still watching Mac’s toss her hair across Chester’s dance floor. Just watching it through different eyes.

Stay tuned for an excerpt soon…

Estelle (E) I saw all these questions on goodreads and just saw a mesage from KMM on her facebook, so Voila !
Enjoy!

Sara I disagree with KMM. It totally ends with a cliffhanger! I hope the next book doesn't take a year to come out, I will go crazy!

Kimberly Sara, I agree!! Total cliffhanger in ICED!!! I can't wait for BURNED either. I sure hope its not Ryo that Dani ends up with. I do not like him at all. I want more Barrons too. The small tidbits we got in ICED we not enough. KMM please write faster!!

Sara Agree, Agree, Agree!!! I'm hoping the V-card gets turned into Christian! I think without spoiling anything Dancer is in cahoots with Mac!

Kimberly I don't know about Dancer & Mac. It seemed to me in Dreamfever or SF that Mac didn't know Dancer and was suspicious of him. If I remember correctly, Mac questions Dani about Dancer who he was & what he wanted. Idk have to look back now.

Sara I think your right. I'm just basing it on the fact that Kat says he is hiding a dark secret!

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara I too wonder what could possibly are his dark secrets sensed by kat. And still wondering why the book store sometimes had 4 or 5 floors;can't wait to read about dany and mac's reunion

Melissa Estelle wrote: "I saw all these questions on goodreads and just saw a mesage from KMM on her facebook, so Voila !
Enjoy!"

Does anyone know when Burned is coming out?

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Not soon enough!

Avidread Kimberly and Sara, I don't know what u guys are talking about, it's Ryo and Dani ALL the WAY, I just finished Iced and I loved them!!! Ryodan is just like Barrons, just as bad, just as cool,and just as calculating...
of course I don't like the Jo thing, it got on my nerves..really don't know what he was playing at. But I just can't imagine Dani with anyone other than Ryo and from the little clues in the book (don't want to spoil anything) you know Dani feels strongly about him and Ryodan is just dying for her to grow up! Of course I love Christian Mckeltar and his crazy messed-upness, but I just don't think there's anything between him and Dani, it seems like he's there just to make Ryo jealous...
On a similar note, I wish Christian would get back to normal, I feel so bad for him!
Thanks Estelle for posting the interview,I am glad to know Dani reaches 17 by the end

Kristy Johnson I think Ryodan is using Jo to force Dani to come to terms about her feelings for him. I also think that Ryo knows that Jo was there as a spy, i think he's fixed that problem though. She's sprung!

Estelle (E) I agree with you Avidread, it will be Ryodan of course.
One thing though: Ryo is very violent I felt. More than Barrons, isn't he?
Kristy, I think so to, Jo is here to push Dani to be jealous.
At first I thought Dani would be 17 at the ned of Iced, not the trilogy. And the whole: waiting for Dani to grow up was a but much, 17 isn't old at all!
But then again, it's Dani we are talking about, in a way she's very tough for a 14 year old girl, and sometime she's very 14!
Christian.. me too, I really want him to find a way to turn back and be an Highlander! then Ryo would ahve some real competition!

Linda Though Ryoden is definately in th run for Dani' virginity I am not counting out Dancer!

Adoore hello there my first post here I so agree I think it is Ryo and Dani but Dancer is not being counted out by me.

Shannon I'm rooting for Dancer, I think him and Dani understand each other on an entirely different level than Ryo and Christian understand Dani. Ryo just wants to control Dani and give her rules and structure and use her for his own ends. Christian is just going insane with becoming an Unseelie Prince, and, seriously, I don't want Dani to be with a guy who kills women during sex! I hope Christian becomes normal again, but I have major doubts about that. Dancer also knows that Dani has to be free and he doesn't want to "cage" her like Ryo and Christian. Though, I'm curious what Dancer's past was like since Kat said he had dark secrets he is trying to hide. I really wonder if maybe Dancer isn't supernatural considering the times he showed up on scene of the icings without notice...just in time to save Dani the one time and then again outside of Chester's. That made me suspicious of him maybe being something more than human...I don't know, I may just be over-exaggerating. But I think Ryo and Christian are totally wrong for her and she can't even stand Ryo on a personal level, and Christian is insane and she knows it. Dancer is the only one who, I feel, really "gets" Dani...you know, besides Mac.

AND, yeah, this book ended on a TOTALLY HUGE cliffhanger! I don't know what KMM is talking about! It made me so frustrated!

message 17: by Mx3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mx3 What do you think KMM will do with Christian? Can he be redeemed since he turned Unseelie Prince.......he already did the deed with the girl in the bed.....

message 18: by Mx3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mx3 What do you think KMM will do with Christian? Can he be redeemed since he turned Unseelie Prince.......he already did the deed with the girl in the bed.....

Estelle (E) Mx3 wrote: "What do you think KMM will do with Christian? Can he be redeemed since he turned Unseelie Prince.......he already did the deed with the girl in the bed....."

This thread is full of spoilers, I should try to change the title of it...oops. Sorry for all readers out there, it was not meant to be this way.

Since we are speaking freely of the book, remember when Christian and Dani go to the King's library? all the books in there describe the way the Unseelie faes were created (by the King)?
Well I've asked myself: does that mean that Christian could also find the secret to un-create; to do it in reverse? so he can come back..
But then .. he's so far off now, I doubt it :-(

Tessa I was quite disappointed by ICED. It felt like Mac/Barrons warmed over. Ry so didn't do it for me. Old man lusting after teenager....Yuk!
I hope she will end with Dancer!! I adored Dancer, the way he reads her... Just wonderful. But knowing KMM it is Ry/Dani. Sometimes her writing is just so predictable.
And I only felt sorry for Christian, turning into a monster.

message 21: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara That's what I don't like, we already read the Mac/Barrons story. Dani needs to be different either Christian or Dancer!

Irene I really don't get the various comments I see here and there about Ryodan having "sexual" interests in Dani?!? He calls her "KID" throughout the book and never stopped having sexual relationships daily with adult woman!!! And never denied that fact from Dani.

Never once in the book did he make a single inappropriate advance or sexual comment. To me his "current" interests just stemmed from his need to own her by force and make use of her abilities in his best interests as one of his personal working entourage.

Certainly he may already know he'll want her "the woman" some day in the future but nowhere did he show romantic interest in this book just ownership and and a need to keep her alive. He would do anything not to lose Chester's!

I don't see his hatred for Christian as jealousy but as his need to protect what's his. Christian's stalky, creepy, death-by-fae romantic interests are a true threat to her.

His “You’re going to be one hell of a woman one day, Dani." comments comparing her to a Tsunami wasn't inappropriate sexual interest to me. He only put his hand under her chin to hold her gaze. It was a meaningful compliment a parent or friend could have also made. He was standing close though...

Another scene...the hilarious I vibrate when I get excited scene:

"It happens when I get really excited. The more excited I get, the more I vibrate.”
“Now there’s a thought,” Lor says.
“If you mean what I think you mean, you want to shut the fuck up and never think it again,” Ryodan says.
“Just saying, boss,” Lor says. “You can’t tell me you didn’t think it, too.”
I never understand half of what these dudes are talking about and don’t care. “You can touch me if you want to,” I say to Lor magnanimously. I’m so pumped on adrenaline and excitement that I’m feeling downright sociable. I poke one of my shoulders toward him. “Check me out. It feels really cool.”
All heads swivel my way, then they look back at Ryodan.
“He doesn’t own my fecking shoulder. Why you looking at him?"

Loved this scene! Even in this scene he won't allow inappropriate actions by Lor towards Dani.

It was Christian in a POV scene that stated that Ryodan had stated his "claim" over her first before anyone else could as they could both see the potential of the woman she shall be.

I think there will be a sexual relationship by the end of the triligy with Ryodan. Dancer is too much of a brother and Christian is too creepy. No doubt KMM will have matured Dani well enough by the third book for something with Ryodan. Hopefully Dani doesn't get raped by (view spoiler) and lose her virginity that way. You never know what kind of pain KMM will put us through on this journey! Mac's journey sure was brutal although it was a great ride.

Soooo looking forward to more Ryodan & Dani's. Hoping Ryodan can recapture some of that JZB sizzle! Gonna be a long wait...

Estelle (E) Irene wrote: "I really don't get the various comments I see here and there about Ryodan having "sexual" interests in Dani?!? He calls her "KID" throughout the book and never stopped having sexual relationships ..."

Irene, I totally agree with you.
I think that's why I like Ryo so much, it's because he sees her as a kid, and she is.
What annoys me is the all control-freak he is and most of all, the violence towards Dani a couple of times.
I think I forgot how Barrons was toward MAc. He was a real control freak too but I don't think he was that rough.
Dancer... I dont know. There's the scene where she comes back from the white house after a month and he's pissed and she's angry with him for showing any kind of 'belonging' emotions towards her and he stops. He shows her exactly what she wants to see in him.
I think he has in own agenda. I think he genuinly likes her but that there is a bigger picture, definitely.

Irene Estelle wrote: "Irene wrote: "I really don't get the various comments I see here and there about Ryodan having "sexual" interests in Dani?!? He calls her "KID" throughout the book and never stopped having sexual ..."

Hi Estelle. Yes I agree...after he "came back" and was slamming her against the wall...that made me wince and the word "bully" came to mind! He wants her to be a little more scared of him maybe?

Irene Spoiler Alert - Is it just me or is that detached subconscious consciousness ability (not sure what to call it) Dani appears to have the same as Mac's deep pool??? Would that mean it's a rare or latent sidhe-seer ability perhaps? It's so interesting...can't wait until KMM develops that further...

message 26: by Mx3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mx3 Irene wrote: "Spoiler Alert - Is it just me or is that detached subconscious consciousness ability (not sure what to call it) Dani appears to have the same as Mac's deep pool??? Would that mean it's a rare or l..."

Well was it ever confirmed if the Sidhe-Seer were made by the UK? Maybe they are latent trait that some come into when they almost die.

Kimberly I thought Mac's lake was where the book & it's info was stored. Not a talent. But I may be wrong.

Adoore It is interesting Dani did describe it similar to Mac's lake but not exactly the same. It is almost like a different personality.

Irene I agree they were described differently but just because they were similar I thought I would speculate about whether they could possibly come from the same subconscious place because they are both Sidhe-seer. Probably not...KMM is probably doing something new. Yeah...that WAS really interesting when Dani seemed to turn into someone else!

Mx3 - I'm not great with detail but I thought this book mentioned that the UK tainted their (Sidhe-seer) blood and that's how they have their abilities. Btw, I like your idea about the latent trait...could be...

Estelle (E) I thought of Dani "inner-self" too and linked it to Mac's.
Mac's lake was the book, I don't think Dani has multiple personnalities. I think it's another 'power' that needs to develop as she grows.
Makes us feel like there's more to come. :-)

message 31: by Mx3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mx3 Estelle wrote: "I thought of Dani "inner-self" too and linked it to Mac's.
Mac's lake was the book, I don't think Dani has multiple personnalities. I think it's another 'power' that needs to develop as she grows...."

Well Dani keeps telling everyone that she's the "Mega" maybe she really is.

Kristy Johnson Mac's lake wasn't only the book. The red runes that the unseelie princes were so afraid of came from her lake too. You know, the ones that Barrons ate.

message 33: by Kyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kyra Kristy wrote: "I think Ryodan is using Jo to force Dani to come to terms about her feelings for him. I also think that Ryo knows that Jo was there as a spy, i think he's fixed that problem though. She's sprung!"

I got the feeling that he was trying to make her jealous as well and as soon as Dani "comes of age" whatever age they are waiting on, he will kick Jo to the curb.

Estelle (E) Hooo!! Heated conversations around here!
Ok so some readers aren't fans of Ryo, or maybe the whole book it seems.
I commented on Christian who killed a woman with sex because he couldn't control himself..
And Dancer who seems to show only what Dani wants to see and Ryo who has been violent.
It's true, they're all seem to wait for Dani to grow up and that was annoying (especially when 'grow up means 17 yrs old).
Dani is old for her age and had a past that makes her a fighter. She's got powers and can hold herself.

Let's hope she'll be the one that controls her life later and no one else!

message 35: by Kyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kyra Serena wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Kristy wrote: "I think Ryodan is using Jo to force Dani to come to terms about her feelings for him. I also think that Ryo knows that Jo was there as a spy, i think he's fixed that pro..."

I wasn't implying he was a perfect gentleman or anything b/c clearly he's not. Unless I misread some of the story whenever she saw him and Jo together, her inner thoughts seemed quite jealous. Add to the fact that Ryo can read her thoughts and gives her a smug look everytime Dani watches him with Jo, I would say he is purposely making her jealous. And I seriously doubt love is anywhere on his agenda for her. I'm not sure why they are all after her. She must have some great untapped power that they can see but she can't.

Maybe I need to go back and read the fever series.

message 36: by Sara (last edited Nov 30, 2012 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara You hit the nail on the head! Everything you said about Ryo is true. I'm not sure if Dani is jealous. I think she loves Jo and doesn't want Ryo to hurt her which he will. I think when it seems Dani is jealous like when she asks Ryo if he loves Jo and why hasn't he thrown her to the curb yet, he's doing that to screw with Dani. Maybe he wants her to think he isn't all that bad like he's testing monogamy out with Jo. That he can be with one person. Christian was a good guy he is a victim of Mac feeding him unseelie it really isn't his fault he's changing into something he doesn't want to be. I do think he loves her and he will most likely become the unseelie king and Dani can be the queen!

message 37: by Irene (last edited Nov 30, 2012 10:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Irene Serena wrote: "Irene, Ryo had Dani touch his dick and he also got in bed with her while she slept. If a guy did that with you, I think you might think he was hot for you. Also in one review, I read that Ryo became so aroused by Dani that he had to have sex with Jo to deal with the need."

Hi Serena. It’s funny how people can get such different impressions from the same read. Sorry but I disagree that Ryo “had” Dani touch his dick. That was purely accidental and KMM doing comedy. Dani zoomed and slammed right into Ryodan who was trying to be a brick wall and obstruct/stop her. She fell to the ground…he’s still standing in front of her…she reaches out thinking she hit a brick wall and …..“Gah!” He certainly didn’t reach down to help her up….that would have been grossly out of character for him so he was simply standing there. Jumping out of the way as she was reaching out would have been out of character as well. When Dani said “You did that on purpose!” KMM confirms that “he just happens to be standing there” when he replies to her “I’d do that why, kid?” Implying …ridiculous or illogical accusation kid!

Here’s the popular quote:

“Sloppy, Mega,” I mutter. I still can’t see. I wipe my bloody nose on my sleeve and reach out to feel what I hit.
“That’s my dick,” Ryodan says.
I snatch my hand away. “Gah!” I choke out. I can feel my face again—because, like, it’s going up in flames. What kind of universe makes me reach out at exactly that fecking level to feel what I think is a wall and puts my hand on a penis?
Then I remember this is Ryodan and scowl. “You did that on purpose!” I accuse. “You saw my hand go out and you stepped right into it!”
“I’d do that why, kid?”

When I read this I laughed out loud and since it’s a popular quote many others must find it funny as well. I think its twisting things to say that his intent was to get her to touch his dick…he’s not that desperate…he gets sex daily and often. Therefore it seems obvious to me that it’s simply accidental situational comedy.

I’d also like to address your comment that he “got in bed with her while she slept” was purely sexual. I think that’s too much of an assumption. He was fully dressed simply laying there waiting until she woke up. (She’s hard to wake up). No touching. No sexual comments. To me this makes sense that first he wants to be the first thing she sees when she wakes up, second he needs to be close in case she wants to frame away (she may be harder to catch in her cave home where she may have escape routes he can’t fit in along with her booby traps), third this puts him in the most dominant position. You can’t hide from me. I will find/get you wherever you hide. I’m your boss. I own you! That’s my take…she herself didn’t take it as a “come on” either…just proof that she can’t hide from him.

Your next comment: “Also in one review, I read that Ryo became so aroused by Dani that he had to have sex with Jo to deal with the need.” Huh? When did he become “so aroused”? Anyways…just a comment in a review…just speculation…only KMM could know that as we never get Ryodan POV in the book and Ryodan getting aroused by Dani is nowhere in the book. His relationship with Jo could simply be showing Dani he can and will do whatever he wants while at the same time enjoying that it pisses her off…besides he’s a slut and has daily needs for sex. Dani is not jealous of the relationship…she’s just trying to protect Jo.

I don’t want to sound like I’m defending Ryodan…so far he’s an ass. I can’t help wincing the few times Ryodan is beating her up like he needs to whip her into shape with his goal to completely control her. I hate the rough behavior…

But then I recall JZB being an ass in the earlier Fever books. Still don’t really get why JZB destroy his birthday cake!

Btw I notice you gave this book only 2 stars. Maybe this book is just not your thing... I do like your comments about Ryodan in your later post. Funny comments! I also hate when the H is hot and hunky simply for his looks and not his actions. I'm not much of a "bad boy" kind of gal!

Estelle (E) Hello,
First of all...let me say "Phew!", I was starting to wonder if I got that book at all.
I think I agree with your comment Irene about the 2 stars that Serena gave to the book, hence my earlier comment.
I personally loved the book and I didn't feel no sexual 'of-key- moments apart from (and sorry to insist!!!) Christian!
Ryo is a bastard and really violent but I didn't feel he acted badly...apart form his relationship with Jo which could seem 'normal' but just doens't seem right!
One of my friend reminded me JZB was pretty rough when he first met Mac in a hotel room..

The Birthday cake Irene... ahah!! JZB not being to accept any sort of attention towards his way... and related to his (view spoiler) and also the fact that (view spoiler)

Irene Estelle wrote: "Hello,
First of all...let me say "Phew!", I was starting to wonder if I got that book at all.
I think I agree with your comment Irene about the 2 stars that Serena gave to the book, hence my earli..."

Hi Estelle. About the cake...yeah you're right! Still he's been around long enough to know what would offend a human doing something nice...but then JZB would never care about being rude...lol!

I agree with you about Christian...really inappropriate instant infatuation. Maybe it's all those Unseelie Prince hormones rushes to his (as Ryodan called) dick of death....lol!

Estelle (E) Irene wrote: "Estelle wrote: "Hello,
I think I agree with your comment Irene about the 2 stars that Serena gave to the book..."

:-)! See Ryo can be funny too!

Melissa Sara wrote: "I think your right. I'm just basing it on the fact that Kat says he is hiding a dark secret!"
I was thinking that Dancer could be the "real" V'lane...

Melissa I found it interesting that by the end of the book Dani was taking some of the control back with Ryo and forcing him to state his intentions with Jo. He didn't come out and say who his feelings were actually about and he has to know that Dani caught that.

I'm intrigued by Dani's comments about BB&B... the feeling of correctness or calm (I can't remember the wording at the moment). I'm wondering if that has something to do with a particular person caged underground.... just thinking out loud...

I feel like there is a greater connection between Dani and Ryo but it's evolving into something more. They act a lot like siblings in some cases, she finds out he's been looking after her since she was 9, and he's really trying to keep her alive and inline but Dani is a teen and teen's hate rules. Yes Ryo see's the woman that she will be and I think he knows about her family and that place in her head that she can't remember. I think that's the part he actually wants control of but she's a kid, kid that's had to deal with a lot. She's surrounded by immortal men and Dancer (I really think Dancer is a glamour).

Ryo only seems to know how to own things and people, and he shows his control by force. I'm not saying it's the right way but that man is old, I think Dani is going to end up teaching this old dog some new tricks if he wants to keep working with her peacefully.

I'm wondering why is it okay for Dani to realize that Ryo and his men are immortal and not face the death squad when Jo can't. Mac has conditions on her knowledge of this fact but I don't recall Dani being given any death threats because she knows. Just warned that she can't tell go.

I wasn't too impressed with Christian. He's trying to figure out this whole changing process and what it means to become unseelie. I wonder if the time he spent in the white mansion has imprinted on him and now he's placed Dani in the roll of the concubine.

Estelle (E) Melissa wrote: "Sara wrote: "I think your right. I'm just basing it on the fact that Kat says he is hiding a dark secret!"
I was thinking that Dancer could be the "real" V'lane..."

Hoooo!!!! Good thinking!

Tammy Very Interesting.

I wonder if Dani is not the key to save Christian and not just from The Hag but the monster he is becoming. There is so much more to Dani than we ever thought and she is still learning who she is as well. I feel when Chritain is around Dani she bring out his best side. He struggles with his two sides but he is also a Druid. I really wonder if we have seen the last of his Druid Uncles, I would love to see more of those Guys, remember Dageus MacKeltar! (I LOVED the Highlander series more than the Fever series, what can I Say.)

As far as Dancer, I wonder about the "Dark Secrets" Kat has sensed around him and what he is really about. He seems too good to be true as far as Dani goes. He is everything see wants and needs in a friend but something is not exactly kosher with him. Can't wait to see where KMM takes us with this character. Suspense!!!

Dani is a unique individual that you can't help but like and root for. She is a fourteen year old that has been through some much and she still has a positive attitude and a very strong will to live and see those she cares about do the same thing. At times you sense the weight on her shoulders and you want so bad for someone to help her with her fight. Will it be Ryo and his men?

Speaking of Ryo. Complex! Mystery! Badass! The list can go on and on. Fact is, He has always been a player in the series and know he seems to be a major player. I don't really get the Jo/Ryo thing other than it is a way to keep Dani in line but I am sure it will become clearer later on. I not sure how I feel about a Dani/Ryo hook up. There is something there but not sure just what. Does Ryo want to control Dani or help her see her true self and how does he know? Suspense!!! Got to love it.

What about Lor? He has warmed up to Dani and she to him. Is he maybe impressed by her and how she is learning to deal with Ryo? and herself?

I had hoped that the Whole Mac/Dani thing would be resolved in the first book. I was disappointed at how Iced ended. Cliffhanger indeed!! We all know from Shadwofever that Mac does not want to kill her anymore but Dani does not. I hope this is resolved in the next book completey so we can move on to more important things like who Dani really is, what her abilities are and who she will be with.

So many ways for this trilogy to go and so looking forward to see what KMM has in store for us. When is the next release?

I enjoyed reading through the post and how we all pick up on different things we have read in the whole series. The different views just make this so much fun to read and the Suspense. LOVE IT!

Michielle Irene wrote: "I really don't get the various comments I see here and there about Ryodan having "sexual" interests in Dani?!? He calls her "KID" throughout the book and never stopped having sexual relationships ..."

I completely agree with you Irene!!! And Ryo has been saving Dani from the other 8 since she was 9.

Michielle Irene wrote: "Serena wrote: "Irene, Ryo had Dani touch his dick and he also got in bed with her while she slept. If a guy did that with you, I think you might think he was hot for you. Also in one review, I read..."

Thanks for clearing that up Irene. Once again I agree with you. I just finished the book early this morning so I have not been reading ANY comments pertaining to Iced or some of the other KMM threads. Hints and spoilers seem to slip in to unrelated topics.

Michielle I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Ryo is tracking Dani. Dani think's it may be because he tasted her blood, and that is exactly what he wants her to think. I think he gave her a tattoo like Barrons gave Mac. Dani can't figure out why the base of her skull hurts worse and differently than the rest of her body after finally regaining consciousnesses after knocking herself out.

And what is with the inner glow that Christine, the ( and Kat can see within Dani? I think it is more than a metaphor for her energy. I know in the Highlander books, especially the on with Adam, it inner glow could be seen in humans by the Seelie. It was determined that it was the humans soul and it was one thing that the Seelie did not possess. Once Adam was made human, then his soul started to become brighter. Is this the same type of inner light? Is Dani's brighter than everyone else's because of her other self buried deeply? May she have a copy of the Seelie Queen within her as Mac had a copy of the Sinsar Dubh?

message 48: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I keep saying that Dani is going to be the unSeelie Queen! I think you're onto something!

message 49: by Kyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kyra Sara wrote: "I keep saying that Dani is going to be the unSeelie Queen! I think you're onto something!"

Would she be able to touch the sword of light if she were the unseelie queen?

Estelle (E) Kyra wrote: "Sara wrote: "I keep saying that Dani is going to be the unSeelie Queen! I think you're onto something!"

Would she be able to touch the sword of light if she were the unseelie queen?"

Good thinking (Batman)
:-)

« previous 1