The Sword and Laser discussion

Foundation (Foundation, #1)
This topic is about Foundation
2012 Reads > FOUND: Part two - Salvor Hardin

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1861 comments I'm just a little ways into part three of the book now, and I'm still not really loving it, but I have found a character I like: Salvor Hardin. At least, I like what little of his character is shown; one of the things I really dislike about the book is how sketchy the characters are, little more than voice boxes to set up the plot; but still, I like the way Hardin thinks and speaks. I like the way he considers his actions, and seems to have a plan, and for me, his introduction helped me get through the second part of the book, even with some very annoying 'characters'.

I also liked the secret plotting going on, and the intrigue. What did everyone else think of this chapter, and what was your impression of Hardin? For me, I find him interesting, but I don't necessarily agree with him. I think he'd be a fun guy to have a debate with though.

message 2: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Sep 19, 2012 04:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6740 comments Mod
I enjoyed having a character to follow from the second story. I think apart from Hari Seldon, he's the only character to appear in more then one story.

He's now older and more powerful than he was in the second story. I enjoyed the book the whole way through, but I think this might be the story I liked the most of the 5 parts. The details are already vague now since this was 3 books ago already.