Calling all Empaths and friends discussion

Question and Answer

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 56 comments Mod
Feel free to leave a question and I will try to answer.

Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ *Anime Addict* (suhakrisgmailcom) | 7 comments Mod
how does an empath feel wen he/she is experiencing others feelings??

It varies with different people-depending on how much of a empath a person is. Actually, everyone is a empath to some level. But when a empath feels another's feelings, those emotions becomes their-meaning that a empath can feel when another person is feeling. For example, a empath can pick up when someone is angry, and they will in turn become anger-the same thing happens when a child pick up on his mother angry vibes at someone, thus he becomes angry at the same person

message 4: by Taliah (new)

Taliah Lagons | 1 comments Do you believe there is a psychic layer to empathy or do you think it's all based on the basic five senses, even if it is at a subconsious level?

I believe that empathy lies more on the senses, but I also say that since everyone has a little psychic energy in them that small energy is in empath. What do you think?

message 6: by Pixi (new)

Pixi (pixipixie) | 4 comments hi lovelies, I agree - i think all people have and/or are open to the psychic realm. I believe many people have connections and abilities without knowing. Some people ignore it and plod along or others like us realise there is something there and look deeper to find greatness. A lot of societies put a bad 'spin' on anything like Empaths or psychics yet its not all 'black arts'. I believe Empaths have a deeper spiritual connection (not meaning church or religion) and when you start to become aware or stumble upon the term Empath then you are ready to strengthen and grow this connection and sbility :)

Nice way to put it Pixi:)

message 8: by Pixi (new)

Pixi (pixipixie) | 4 comments Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ wrote: "how does an empath feel wen he/she is experiencing others feelings??"

hi Suhasini, in my experience its quite overwhelming, yesterday in class all my classmates were each having a 'bad day' and within minutes i was completely anxious because suddenly I was feeling all their anger, frustration, sadness etc.
Yet other times when Im around really happy or excited people and can be lovely to be uplifted- although i can often get Too excited aswell and feel nauseous because im "so excited".
:) always changing it is :)

message 9: by Renee (new)

Renee Winkles (ReneeWinkles) My name is Renee. I am new to the group. I am wondering if there is a exercise in journaling we could do to strenghten our skills?

Do you have any ideas? 0.o

message 11: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek Suhasini $Masquerade With Death$ wrote: "how does an empath feel wen he/she is experiencing others feelings??"

Hey y'all :) Haven't been on in a while sorry "/

I know that for me, I don't feel emotions as much as I do with pain or suffering, like actual literal pain. Like yes I do feel emotions but the pain or suffer is more prominent

message 12: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek But yeah it sucks sometimes no matter what