Read by Theme discussion

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
This topic is about The Maze Runner
Book Discussions > The Maze Runner

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristell (last edited Sep 18, 2012 08:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristell | 33 comments I remember seeing this book a couple of years earlier but didn't read it. I actually thought it was about a man inside a maze. So when I saw this month's theme, I ran across the book again and looked to see who the protagonist was. He was a teenager, so it was perfect.

I had read some reviews of people saying it was slow at first, but as soon as I read the first page, I couldn't put it down. Sadly, it was a weekend so I didn't get to finish it right away.
It was a little new, with words you really don't understand but I didn't really mind, mostly because you relate to the protagonist.

When I read the first couple of chapters I thought it was a mixture of the Hunger Games and the Lord of the Flies. I'm still not done with the book but I'm liking it so far. It's the kind of book I like, even though I'm very picky with books.

Everything I'm reading throughout the chapters is surprising and interesting and I would not have imagined anything just from the title.

I really don't know what I can write here because of spoilers, but I'm liking this book a lot. I can't wait to finish this one to see how it ends and read the rest of the series.

message 2: by Amara, Group Creator (last edited Sep 18, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (AFTanith) | 733 comments Kristell wrote: "I really don't know what I can write here because of spoilers"

Feel free to write any spoilers, but please hide them with the html spoiler tags.

Kristell | 33 comments I finished it and i really liked it. I know we all have different opinions and sometimes the majority makes feel the others like they're wrong, but we all have a right to be different and unique.

Everything, even the end was a surprise, I would not have predicted the end by the rest of the book. But as your getting near the last pages you start thinking you know what is happening, but then you ignore it because it ends without confirming anything, until the epilogue, then you're like I knew it! Even that's a surprise.

Melissa | 209 comments I just finished reading this book and I was back in forth with enjoying the book and being frustrated the entire time I was reading it. But, by the time I got to the end of the book I was pretty into it and overall thought it was a pretty good book.