Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Do NOT change the cover of an alternate cover edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl This is irritating - I created an alternate cover edition for this book and someone went in later and changed the cover I had put in. Now I don't even remember what the cover I added looked like. I think it is entirely likely that the cover this librarian added is also an alternate cover for this ISBN, but the librarian should have created his OWN alternate cover instead of deleting mine.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/78...

Maybe the alternate cover edition librarian's note should be added to editions view. Unless you are on the combine page, or the book edit page, you can't see it.

message 2: by Monique (last edited Sep 18, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments If you saw it again, do you think you would remember? I did a quick search and found a number of different covers.

Also, you might want to add a Librarian's Note in the description field indicating this is an alternate cover edition like the one shown here?

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I looked at the covers on Library Thing hoping to recognize it but it could have been 2-3 different ones. The only thing I know is that it was Penguin.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I saw in the log where you uploaded an image in August of last year that was yellow - might that be the one? (it's almost at the very end of the edit page.)

You've probably already looked through the edit list, but just in case...

message 5: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Jennifer, yes, I uploaded that one as well. The other one is a different one.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Ah, well, that sucks. Sorry.