Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

78 views
Young Adult Fiction > New Blog Starting - Need Books to Review

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:31AM) (new)

Charity | 27 comments Hi! My Review blog is now up and running. The link is 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com for anyone that is interested or that needs a review. Thanks!


message 2: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Davis (tldavis2012) | 19 comments I'm in!


message 3: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments T.L. wrote: "I'm in!"

Thanks :)


message 4: by L.M. (new)

L.M. (lmsherwin) | 19 comments Hi there! I'd love it if you'd consider reviewing my book Night Bells! It's a YA//Adult fantasy//science fiction novel! Congratulations on your new blog! How exciting!


message 5: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Mokha (mokha) | 46 comments Hi Charity
Nice looking blog. I work in a High School and will get my kids to 'like' it on their facebook pages when my review comes through (I emailed my book to you a week or so ago - The Last Sanctuary).
Good luck with your adventure
PS Mokha


the blog


message 6: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments L.M. wrote: "Hi there! I'd love it if you'd consider reviewing my book Night Bells! It's a YA//Adult fantasy//science fiction novel! Congratulations on your new blog! How exciting!"


Thank you and I would love to review, or one of my girls would :) is it in paperback format or only e format? Please email me at 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com.

Thanks!


message 7: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments P.S. wrote: "Hi Charity
Nice looking blog. I work in a High School and will get my kids to 'like' it on their facebook pages when my review comes through (I emailed my book to you a week or so ago - The Last Sa..."


Thank you! I have received your book and will be starting it shortly :)


message 8: by Don (new)

Don Martinez (DesertCoyote13) | 57 comments What ages are the younger readers? I'd like to get reviews of my series, but it might play better to an older (14+) audience.


message 9: by L.M. (new)

L.M. (lmsherwin) | 19 comments Charity wrote: "L.M. wrote: "Hi there! I'd love it if you'd consider reviewing my book Night Bells! It's a YA//Adult fantasy//science fiction novel! Congratulations on your new blog! How exciting!"


Thank you and..."


Just did! Thanks so much! It is available in print and eBook.


message 10: by Artur (new)

Artur Frank (arturfrank) | 17 comments Hi,congratulations on your new blog. Hope you would like to review my book S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Captives of the Zone


message 11: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Edmond | 33 comments Hi Charity,

I'd love for you to review my novel Blood And Water. It's a crime/thriller set in London's East End. I'd also like to do a blog piece on you! Many people ask writers about their work, but I'd like to know what makes a reviewer tick, what do they look out for, what excites them and what frustrates them. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Cheers, Stuart


message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Martin | 52 comments Hi Charity,

My recently-released YA novel is In Your Dreams In Your Dreams by Amy Martin :

Sixteen-year-old Zara "Zip" McKee lives for three things: basketball, books, and bailing out of tiny Titusville, Illinois, where the junior high and high school are in the same building and everyone's known everyone else since birth. But when Kieran Lanier moves to town and passes out on her desk on his first day at school, Zip's life gets complicated in a way she never dreamed.

Kieran has narcolepsy, and although he sometimes struggles to stay awake, he has no trouble capturing Zip's heart and trusting her with his most guarded secret--he sees bits and pieces of the future in his dreams.

But just when Zip thinks that maybe she can handle having a boyfriend who sees things before they happen, her budding relationship with Kieran gets a jolt when Kieran's parents reveal that his sleeping disorder is not what it seems and may be putting them in harm's way. And when Zip begins to have unsettling dreams, she must decide if she can live with knowing the future in advance when she's afraid of what might happen.

If you're interested, just drop me a message to let me know where I can send a paperback copy.

Thanks, and best of luck with your blog!

Amy Martin


message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 15 comments I just sent you an email Charity! :)


message 14: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Don wrote: "What ages are the younger readers? I'd like to get reviews of my series, but it might play better to an older (14+) audience."

The 2 oldest are 10, but one has an 8th grade reading level and reads some YA books (with mom's approval) but I love to read YA books as well. Would love to review it for you.


message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Ramos (eeden) | 1 comments Charity wrote: "Don wrote: "What ages are the younger readers? I'd like to get reviews of my series, but it might play better to an older (14+) audience."

The 2 oldest are 10, but one has an 8th grade reading lev..."


Dear Charity,

I have just sent you an email regarding my middle grade novella The Realm of the Lost by Emma Eden Ramos . It's great to meet a new blogger.

All the best,
Emma


message 16: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Lane (leighmlane) | 152 comments I see that you enjoy YA and chick lit; are you by chance interested in dark sci-fi and horror?


message 17: by Don (new)

Don Martinez (DesertCoyote13) | 57 comments Charity, check your private messages for some Smashwords coupons.


message 18: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Artur wrote: "Hi,congratulations on your new blog. Hope you would like to review my book S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Captives of the Zone"


Hi Artur, it's not really my genre, but I will consider reviewing it. I give every book at least 40 pages :)


message 19: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Stuart wrote: "Hi Charity,

I'd love for you to review my novel Blood And Water. It's a crime/thriller set in London's East End. I'd also like to do a blog piece on you! Many people ask writers about their work..."


I would love to, review your book and be interviewed. Please email me at 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com


message 20: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Amy wrote: "Hi Charity,

My recently-released YA novel is In Your DreamsIn Your Dreams by Amy Martin:

Sixteen-year-old Zara "Zip" McKee lives for three things: basketball, books, and bailing out of tin..."


I just private messages you :)


message 21: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Leigh wrote: "I see that you enjoy YA and chick lit; are you by chance interested in dark sci-fi and horror?"

I might be :) I give everything a chance. The synopsis or blurb of the book will tell me more :)


message 22: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Don wrote: "Charity, check your private messages for some Smashwords coupons."

Thank you Don!


message 23: by Don (new)

Don Martinez (DesertCoyote13) | 57 comments You're welcome, Charity.


message 24: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cewilson) | 32 comments Hello there Charity!

My name is C.E. Wilson and I have published "Oath of Servitude" for both the Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Oath-Servitude-...
and Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view... It is a YA Paranormal/Fantasy/Romance story that I think would be a great fit for your blog.

Here is a short synopsis that is available on both sites, but I have provided just the same in the email:

This is the story of Teague and Cailin, two teenagers who have been brought together by fate. Teague, a human, struggles to come to terms with the consequences of a recent accident that has destroyed the happy life that he had once enjoyed. Cailin, a pixi, is trying to stay true to herself while fighting against forces beyond her control that have exiled her from her home into this strange world of humans. She fears the darkness. He cannot escape it. But when the two of them are thrown together, they begin to discover the light inside of themselves.

I would just love it and be so honored if you would like to review my book. Does this sound like something that you would be interested in? Let me know so we can talk about options so you can read it. :-) I would of course be willing to do an interview if you would review the book! I would very much look forward to it!

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!!

C.E. Wilson
cewilsonya28@gmail.com
http://www.goodreads.com/CEWilson

Cover for 'Oath of Servitude'


message 25: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments C.E. wrote: "Hello there Charity!

My name is C.E. Wilson and I have published "Oath of Servitude" for both the Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Oath-Servitude-......"



I would love to review for you! Please email me at 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com so we can discuss further because I couldn't PM you :(

Thanks!


message 26: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cewilson) | 32 comments Can do! I just sent you an email. :-)

C.E. Wilson


message 27: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cewilson) | 32 comments Whoops, but yes. Lol. I sent you an email. :-)

C.E. Wilson


message 28: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 149 comments Hi Charity! Thanks for this generous offer. I just emailed you. I have 2 books that I'm promoting now. If you're interested in my work, you can pick the one you find more intriguing.
Anywhere But Here by Sherri Fulmer Moorer Blurry by Sherri Fulmer Moorer


message 29: by Intisar (new)

Intisar Khanani (intisar_khanani) Hi Charity,

If you would like to review my YA fantasy novel, Thorn, let me know and I can send you a digital copy. Thorn is a retelling of the Grimms' fairy tale, the Goose Girl. Just let me know what format you prefer. Thank you!

Intisar


message 30: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Intisar wrote: "Hi Charity,

If you would like to review my YA fantasy novel, Thorn, let me know and I can send you a digital copy. Thorn is a retelling of the Grimms' fairy tale, the Goose Girl. Just let me know ..."


Hi, Kindle version would be great! My email is 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com. Thanks!


message 31: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Edmond | 33 comments Hi Charity, sorry for not messaging you back earlier. I lost the thread and then my mind. It happens from time to time! I'm writing the interview questions this evening and should have them over to you either tomorrow or Sat, if you're still interested.

Cheers, Stu


message 32: by Charity (new)

Charity | 27 comments Stuart wrote: "Hi Charity, sorry for not messaging you back earlier. I lost the thread and then my mind. It happens from time to time! I'm writing the interview questions this evening and should have them ove..."

It's ok, I completely understand, lol. Sounds good on the questions. Email me at the address in the thread please.

Thanks,

Charity


back to top