YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived BOM Nominations > October Book of the Month - Winner = ANDY SQUARED

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Sep 30, 2012 10:02AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments This thread is for nominations for the YA LGBT book that you would like to see the group read in October 2012.

Anything we haven't already read is welcome. Please post a link to the book, copy the blurb, and give us a few words about why you think this would be a good choice.

Books that lost a previous vote are more than welcome to be nominated again, and authors are allowed to nominate their own books if they feel moved to do so.

Nominations are now closed.

message 2: by Kaje (last edited Sep 30, 2012 10:02AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments *The poll is now open: Go Vote

message 3: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 Not Microwave Safe (A Halloween Story) by Kyle Adams ...In honor of Halloween I recommend this free, short that will be released 10/11/12. I've read it and its really funny with a touch of spooky.

Blurb:
Kent has always hated Halloween and anything else that's scary. But when his boyfriend, Uriah, wants to take him to a haunted house, he can't say no.

Uriah can't contain his excitement and loves creepy surprises. However, as the evening progresses and everything seems wrong, can he convince Kent to see the night through?

For Kent and Uriah, Halloween starts with a pop and ends with a bang, and life will never be the same again.(

message 4: by Kaje (last edited Sep 20, 2012 01:48PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments Ooh, something seasonal could be good :) We'd need to be really sure it's releasing though - we once nominated a book that failed to release for the month.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lavoie I'll nominate my own book, Andy Squared by Jennifer Lavoie , because it's finally out. :) And for the fun of nominating it. I think it would be a good book because, in light of National Coming Out week in October, the book deals with a teenager struggling to accept his newfound sexuality and face the issue of coming out to friends and family.

Blurb: Seventeen-year-old twins, Andrew and Andrea Morris, have always been close. They share everything—from their friends to a room—and they both enjoy star positions on their high school’s soccer teams. All’s right with the twins...or is it?

When new student Ryder Coltrane moves from Texas to their small New York town, he spins Andrew’s world upside down. All of Andrew’s past relationship troubles begin to make sense and his true feelings start to click into place after Ryder comes out to him. His friendship with Ryder turns secretively romantic, but secrets, they soon find out, are hard to keep. Once rumors start to fly, so-called friends turn on them, and the boys’ relationship turns into a bomb about to explode. But Andrew never expected it would be his own twin, Andrea, holding a lighter to ignite it.

I'd also be happy to discuss the book with readers and answer any questions.

message 6: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 Not Microwave Safe (A Halloween Story) by Kyle Adams will be given out as early as OCT 1st for FREE...see Kyle Adam's post below.

"Because I love this month, I wanted to do something for my fans. Since my stories are already free, I couldn't really host any contests, so I decided to offer an advance copy of Not Microwave Safe to any fans on goodreads.com that message me with their email and preferred reading format.

The official release date is October 11th, but I plan on offering the early copies as soon as October 1st. If you don't want to wait until the 11th to read Not Microwave Safe, simply become a fan or add me as a friend on goodreads and then send me a message as stated above. There is no deadline, as it will be available as a free download at smashwords.com after the 11th.

This is a gift. There is absolutely no obligation to read it, rate it, or review it. I hope you like the story.

Happy reading,
Kyle"

message 7: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments The poll is now open: Go Vote