Diverge into Divergent discussion

Debates > Tobias and Tris in Insurgent

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

Sierra~Kelley | 99 comments Mod
For those who haven't read the sequel STOP RIGHT HERE!
This thread may contain a LOT of spoilers!Don't say I didn't warn you:P

Should Tobias have acted the way he did when Tris was going through such a tough time?
He really pissed me off in many instances in the book!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 50 comments Mod
No, I don't like Tobias. he's not.....idk real enough or something.

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) It's not like Tobias was having a great time either, and he was under a lot of stress. He probably didn't understand what it was like because for starters his dad had always been a jerk to him and on top of that his mother ditched him when he was young. So he couldn't have said much. Anyways all relationships have complications, if its picture perfect you're doing it wrong.

message 4: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

True but Tobias had a lot of secrets of his own which he kept from Tris and he expects her to be more open to him.I am saying that Tris and Tobias they are not right together.I don't know.For me,they're like the wrong ends of a jigsaw puzzle trying to fit in together but not really falling into place.

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "True but Tobias had a lot of secrets of his own which he kept from Tris and he expects her to be more open to him.I am saying that Tris and Tobias they are not right together.I don't know.For me,th..."
i know what you mean, there whole relationship got on my nerves at times but i know that they also knew that but in the end despite all their "issues" they came through the rough patch. i know i sound like some stupid fan who only reads for the couple but seriously, i thought that throughout the whole thing. But you know even despite Tris betraying Tobias (he had the right to be angry even if it wasnt justified) he decided to trust her and see what the big deal was.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara  | 7 comments The question is why did Tris have to lie to him so much! That was almost their whole relationship! They fight over an event, Tobias makes her promise not to do something, then she lies and says she won't do it, and in the middle of the night, steals away and breaks her promise!

message 7: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

Yeah true it was kind of bugging that they both kept secrets from each other.Halfway through the book I found myself yelling "Oh enough with the secrets!Just say it already!"
I think relationships are supposed to be built on trust and she and Tobias was the worst example of it.

message 8: by BvbArmette (new)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) TRIS AND TOBIAS ARE AWESOME TOGETHER! that is all-

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan I really felt that Tobias helped Tris in a lot of ways, yet there were some things he just couldn't understand personally, and it's also somewhat Tris's fault because she wouldn't let him in, yet when she tried to he wasn't there which i think kind of cause some tension between them. Anyways no i don't think Tobias was a jerk i think they were just both going through their own issues.

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Tobias was under stress, he just wanted her to face reality, get tough or die, life goes on.