The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi, I'm New!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Hi everyone *waves* I've started posting around a bit but I just wanted to drop a line and say hello...my name's Li, I'm 22 from Canada and an avid reader :D I look forward to chatting with you guys and discovering new books :)

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Welcome Li! Good to have you... :)

message 3: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) Hello Li

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome to the group Li!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Li!

message 6: by Sandy (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:46AM) (new)

Sandy (Ladybatez) | 30 comments Hi everyone. Same as Li, just poking around and found the group. Recently started reading The Kite Runner. Just finished Secret Life of Bees, Water for Elephants. I will read just about anything except horror. I have a huge TBR pile. Authors include Grafton, Brown, Evanovich. It has taken me a while to pick up Kite Runner though, roughly 4 chapters in. I look forward to recommendations as well a discussion.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10024 comments Mod
Hi Li and Sandy.
Thanks for poking around and posting.... Dont be shy. No one here bites, and if they do.... I am not afraid to bite em right back!

message 8: by Ceri (new)

Ceri Just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself...an avid reader from Portland Oregon ( originally from Cardiff, South Wales )I guess my tastes are fairly catholic but at the moment I am engrossed in an appreciation and study of Anglo-Welsh literature. After that...well, onto the next thing.

message 9: by Ceri (last edited Feb 06, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

Ceri Ceri wrote: "Just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself...an avid reader from Portland Oregon ( originally from Cardiff, South Wales )I guess my tastes are fairly catholic but at the moment I am engrossed in..."

oooops...wrong place...I'll try again....Hi Li:)

message 10: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Li (and Sandy),
Welcome and happy reading!!

message 11: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments HI Li and Sandy,
Welome to the group!!!!

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (Ladybatez) | 30 comments Thanks so much everyone. Didn't get to do much reading this weekend, unlike my almost 13 yr. old son, I was being a taxi cab for my kids...LOL. My son and I are always in competition to see how many books we read, this weekend he won.

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Li! and Sandy; I'm so impressed that your 13 year old son loves reading! I could never get mine to sit still long enough; now they're 23 and 27 though and my 27 yr old likes to read also. I have several nieces and one 13 yr old nephew. I send books to my nieces all the time, who love to read! My nephew..not so much. Anyway, my hats off to you!
Oh and welcome Ceri too!

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (Ladybatez) | 30 comments Thanks, it does amaze me as well. I also have a 10 yr. old who reads , and a 5 yr. old learning to read.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group!

message 16: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Sandy -- Welcome! :D *waves*

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm miriam, I'm new too :)

message 19: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Miriam!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!

message 21: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Welcome Miriam! *waves*

Petra -- Hi! :)

message 22: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Miriam,

Welcome to the group!!! :~)

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (Ladybatez) | 30 comments Hello Miriam!

message 24: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and welcome Li and Miriam