Weird and I know it :P discussion

BOOK DISCUSSIONS! > The Mortal Instruments :)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kemp (adorkabledork) I love this book series!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't like the idea of it being a movie there is no way they could fit all the epicness of the book into a movie.... absolutely no way!

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee OMG I AM READING THE THIRD BOOK RIGHT NOW!!!!

message 3: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Ruzina (usershow5549736-rose) | 2223 comments Mod
Hmm this sounds pretty awesome. I'll put it on my infinite list of 'to-reads'.

message 4: by Nitzan (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) I only read the first book so far, but it's good. I'm planning to read the next book soon.
I think it'll be relatively easy to adapt it into a movie, because it's kinda written in a way you already see a movie running in your head. I find it very easy to imagine it as a movie, though as Sharon said - it wouldn't be able to fit in all the book. It's a long book.

message 5: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (last edited Sep 22, 2012 04:40AM) (new)

Well knowing you this must be a great book :) I will try to read it <3

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 714 comments I never read that book

message 7: by Jules (new)

Jules  (julesthereader) Christine, Rose!! You should go read it!! It was so freaking awesome! :D

message 8: by Jules (new)

Jules  (julesthereader) Mal A.K.A The Awesome One wrote: "The first and second are best (5 stars) the third is a 4 star, and the fourth was a 3 star for me :\ They're really good, the fourth one let me down - but I need to read 5th! I RECOMMEND IT!"

I kinda agree on you with this one, but even though the 4th book kinda sucked, it was still great~!

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kemp (adorkabledork) ok no Spoiler for any one or anything but for those who have read the city of glass was any one else really shocked at how everything went down 0.0 so much stuff for my mind to handle.

message 10: by Karina (new)

Karina Love it! Can't wait for the next book. Not exited for the movie at all.

message 11: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Why not?

message 12: by Karina (new)

Karina I don't really like book turned movies. Most of the time I am left disappointed.

message 13: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

HAha same! THEY KILLED TWILIGHT!! *Runs off crying*

message 14: by Karina (new)

Karina *looks after rose* Wait...I wanted to tell you what I thought of it..

The first time I watched Twilight I was okay with it but then I started to notice how much they screwed it up -_-
I try to stay away from the movies to my favorite books or else I curse Hollywood and their stupid decisions.

message 15: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Same! I was so Twilgiht obssessed i missed how awful they acted the parts out! Now it's so obvious and cringe worthy! poor robert pattinson. He was ace on Harry Potter! Now he is a total doom *Shake shead*

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (jazzabella) I love the Mortal Instruments series though Clary really gets on my nerves. I read it for Jace, Isabelle, Alex and Magnus. I will watch the movie but I will probably curse it the whole way through where they have changed things.

message 17: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

I've never actually read the series *Guilty* But it is on my to-read list :D

message 18: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Wait so did you or did you not like the series? Shall i read them??

message 19: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

OK. I will read it :D Is the Fourth really bad? Does it have a bad ending? I hate horrible endings :'(

message 20: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Lol OK :D I will try it <3

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (jazzabella) The series changes a bit in the 4th. Clary seems to get on everyones nerves.

I actually really liked the 5th... its different from the others again. It really just comes down to personal taste and how much you let the bad parts of a book get to you and how much you will let slide.

I hated the ending of the 4th book but it left it on a real cliff hanger so i wanted to read the next one to see what happened. I can't wait for the 6th book but i am really glad that it will be the last.

message 22: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Whoa how many books int he series? 6 Right?

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (jazzabella) Yeah 5 are out now. the 6th comes out in 2014.
The infernal devices is a side series and it has 3 books it is still about the shadow hunters but is set in the past. some people like the infernal devices better then the mortal instruments. The author suggests reading them in this order.

City of Bones - TMI
City of Ashes - TMI
City of Glass - TMI
Clockwork Angel - TID
City of Fallen Angels - TMI
Clockwork Prince - TDI
City of Lost Souls - TMI
Clockwork Princess - TID (released 2013)
City of Heavenly Fire - TMI (released 2014)

but really you can just read the 2 series seperately if you prefer.

message 24: by Ruzina, RANdomATor (new)

Whoa. Lol OK :) Thanks. No spoilers please :D

message 25: by Daria (new)

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) yumm JACE!!!! XD

message 26: by Karina (new)

Karina I love Jace but prefer Simon.

message 27: by Karina (new)

Karina How do you guys feel about the movie? The tailer looks good but the actors all look wrong.

message 28: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) When is it coming out???? They've been saying they're making it into a movie for a while....

message 29: by Karina (new)

Karina I believe it comes out August 23 2013.

message 30: by J (new)

J (-jho-) | 5 comments Karina wrote: "How do you guys feel about the movie? The tailer looks good but the actors all look wrong."

I agree,, the castings don't fit into the characters
The only character that I think was casted well was Isabelle

message 31: by Daria (new)

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) Karina wrote: "I believe it comes out August 23 2013."

ikr its just TOO FAR AWAY!!!!! But the awesome thing about that date is that that is a few days before my birthday so I'm gonna go see it for my birthday :D

message 32: by Daria (new)

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) Karina wrote: "How do you guys feel about the movie? The tailer looks good but the actors all look wrong."

Yeah they kinda do!! Clary is too pretty, Jace isn't muscular enough AND he's British, i like Simon tho, Alec seems too old...they just kinda messed up...
one of the only things that kinda makes Jamie Campbell Bower like Jace is his hair is right...you kno, the shortish blonde/gold thing...
but either way im still really excited for it!!!!

message 33: by Karina (new)

Karina Yeah, they weren't sure whether Jaime was going to keep his accent or not but I guess Cassandra said she didn't care whether he kept it or not. They were also supposed to make him bulk up, I think. I do wish he was taller. I think Alec is the worst >.< Hopefully they do the series justice. And hopefully it doesn't ruin your birthday :P

message 34: by Daria (new)

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) ugh OMG ALEC, THEY MESSED UP SO BAD!! i'm hoping that this movie will be like The Hunger Games, still kinda close to the book, but different, and still absolutely amazing taht they'll continue making the series into movies!!!! thats what i hope
oh, i'm pretty sure it won't ruin my birthday ITS JACE!!!!!! :P

message 35: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 7 comments I loved the series cant wait for the next book to come out!! im exited for the movie but im not so sure about the casting hope the movie is gooood though!!