Who's Your Author? discussion

Self Promotion / Giveaway > Rules for self promoting - Read before posting

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Feb 05, 2011 09:11AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I have no problem with people advertising books, authors, new groups etc.. but please follow some simple rules:

1. All promotions must be put in the Self Promotion folder. If I find them in another folder I will simply move them and leave a note in the thread itself.

2. Please don't spam the group. It is one thing for a group member to promote something that may be of interest to the group's members, but quite another for someone to spam the group trying to sell something. If I find someone is spamming, I will delete the thread.

Abuses to the above guidelines will result in a ban from Who's Your Author.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments An additional note for members:

Moderators will clean out the folder occasionally, threads will not be deleted but moved to the archives folder. This will especially be done for giveaways that have been completed.

message 3: by Cocopretty (new)

Cocopretty | 3 comments hey im not trying to give anything away but i do make peviews for movies i like i m not trying to step on any toes is it ok if i post a link to my youtube site with the books i think should be movies or can u make a section books that should be movies?

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi CoCo. You can post that in this folder. Just create a separate thread, and then put the link into the thread.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Carpenter (lacarp) | 8 comments Hi Jess - I'd like to post something about a new website I created http://urban-fantasy.info - would this be acceptable under "Self-Promotion"? Like Coco - I want to make sure I don't step on any rules... or toes.

Thank you!

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Lauren wrote: "Hi Jess - I'd like to post something about a new website I created http://urban-fantasy.info - would this be acceptable under "Self-Promotion"? Like Coco - I want to make sure I don't step on any ..."

Hey Lauren
Great website!! Actually I am going to start a blog thread so please post it there, it will be under lets talk about this.

message 7: by O.L. (new)

O.L. Ramos (olramos) | 2 comments As I also don't want to come across as rude (I already feel tacky just asking), if I'm doing a giveaway in which the ebook version will be free, is it okay to just make a thread saying the week before or something like that?

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I personally would put the giveaway with a date. For example:

Free from June ??? till June ??? or
Giveaway running from June ?? till June ??

message 9: by O.L. (new)

O.L. Ramos (olramos) | 2 comments Oh absolutely, I have the dates all set. I just don't know if it's all right to post yet.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cooper (andrearcooper) | 3 comments $1.99 Sale at Amazon for all Crimson Romance titles published June 4, 2012-June 3, 2013 including my debut novel! Yay. The Garnet Dagger, a paranormal romance.

Everyone knows what happens when a vampire bites a human...but what if the victim is Elvin?

http://www.amazon.com/Garnet-Dagger-C...

message 11: by Anne (last edited Jul 12, 2013 08:22AM) (new)

Anne Carlisle (acarlisle) | 4 comments Already three five-star reviews for my newly released novel, The Siren's Tale

It's a quirky, irreverent, paranormal suspense about sirens in human form. The second in a series, the book is a standalone piece which presents high entertainment value for seasoned New Adult readers looking for erotic-paranormal with a twist.

Synopsis:

As a family of sirens gather in a remote Wyoming village in 1977, dark forces are in attendance, owing to a family curse. On the winter solstice, an ancestral ghost and a world-famous psychiatrist, both sirens, seek to alter the erotic will of the youngest siren, a troubled young woman with a sexual obsession and an unplanned pregnancy.

The storytellers weave a scintillating tale of a young siren's sexual exploits, career success, and ultimately her human redemption. Cassandra's story spans the first seven decades of the twentieth century. New adult readers will relate to the contest of female power and rustic superstition. In the Old West, the strife has deadly consequences, as Cassandra seeks a life of fiery passion, no matter the cost.

The family curse endangers Cassandra's human lovers and her descendants alike. She is forced to flee Wyoming and seek her fortune in California, where she survives the San Francisco earthquake-fire of 1906 and enjoys great success as a screenwriter and movie actress. The men she has lured into her web are not so fortunate, which leads her to change her life once again.

The contemporary frame poses interesting questions: Can a siren's voracious appetite for adventurous passion be reconciled with core human values? Can a paranormal human learn to live and love? Is it possible you, too, are a siren or a demon in human form?

It's a nice big read, a steal at $4.99 from LazyDay Publishing, which is offering 30% off if you buy three romances.
For a free look, go to: http://www.lazydaypub.com/store/Home-...

Also available on Amazon, B&N, and All Romance.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cooper (andrearcooper) | 3 comments I'm giving away two free copies of my ebooks: The Garnet Dagger (paranormal romance) - Everyone knows what happens when a vampire bites a human...but what if the victim is Elvin?
And Viking Fire, my historical romance with a hint of magic.
For your chance to win, just stop by and comment on HJ's blog (feel free to share) Thank you. http://www.hj-harley.com/1/post/2013/...?

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica O'Gorek (geminirising1) | 1 comments Offering 20 ecopies in exchange for honest reviews on GR and Amazon. See some of my fan comments below!

Ethereal Fury (Gemini Rising, #1) by Jessica O'Gorek

Angry at the human race and its methodical destruction of her resources, Mother Earth recruits souls who have just left their bodies to serve Her, and turns them against humanity. Gemini, a clan of paranormal beings, picked from these possessed humans, emerges. A powerful, rising force proceeds to carry out Mother Nature’s plan to systematically destroy towns, cities, states… and eventually, the world. Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between a human girl, Violette, and Onyx, a lead Gemini, begins. They will both find themselves in the middle of a revolutionary war that will either save, or destroy our world.

“Too often we find ourselves reading books we swore we’ve already read because people keep recycling plot ideas, character themes, and general settings. I’m glad to see this author decided to step out of that phase and write something so different and unique.” -Amazon reviewer

“Jessica O' Gorek spins a thick web that captures readers and consumes them into the fantasy she creates in her new book Gemini Rising Ethereal Fury.” - Stacie Theis

“Jessica is an accomplished writer, her character development, style and flow of the story she told is as good as any best-selling author. It was impeccable.” – Julie Darley

“Whoa! I was so shocked by this book! Before reading it I knew that it wasn't going to be your typical paranormal book. But it was so different and I mean different in an awesome way. This book was unlike anything I've EVER read before!!!” – Sharon David

“To say that I enjoyed Gemini Rising would be an understatement. I found myself drawn into the tangled web of the story and held tight on the edge of my seat!” – Lee Ryder

message 14: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Sadler | 47 comments I have a short story On a White Horse that I just published and it is free at Smashwords and is 0.99 cents at Amazon. The story is a stand-alone and is set in the world of The Reaping by Katharine Sadler (which is also free at Smashwords and 0.99 cents at Amazon). The short story is about Holly Daye who works for a corporation as a ghost hunter. Since the corporation also employs the ghosts who do the haunting, she is more of a con artist. On the day of the story, her partner has broken the rules and she has to clean up his mess.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brownlee (sarah_spitfire) | 5 comments If you're interested to know what London will be like two centuries down the line and what 'Morphers' are, then 'How the Wolf Lost Her Heart' may be of interest to you. It is a YA Paranormal Romance and revolves around the life of Skye Archer, who has the ability to transform into her spirit animal at will. One day she meets a man called Raphel and ... well, here is an article about it if you wish to find out more!

http://skyespitfire.wordpress.com/201...

and its Goodreads profile is here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I'm also happy to offer readers free copies in exchange for reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. If you are interested, please contact me. :)

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma Merrell | 4 comments Wrath and Ruin is FREE through 10/01/14

It’s anything but a normal day in Virginia Downey’s life when a mafia kingpin rescues her from a human trafficking ring and turns her into a vampire.

Virginia is thrown into a world of wealth and danger that she never could have imagined, and given a new family she isn’t sure she ever wanted. Crime-boss Carlo and his mercurial progeny, Aiden, quickly become her only constants in a life gone haywire. Aiden takes a special interest in Virginia and they find themselves drawn to one another, in spite of Aiden’s vindictive ex-girlfriend, Colette, doing whatever she can to keep them apart.

When Virginia discovers that one of her adopted family members has been lying to her from the beginning, she commits a violent crime that sends her fleeing across Europe in fear of retaliation. She is consumed by the desire to get revenge upon those who have wronged her, even if it comes at the cost of losing the only person that she holds dear.

Available now on Amazon! Reviews are always appreciated. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N6CMR0A

message 17: by Aly (new)

Aly | 3 comments "I have started my own review blog https://alyscrusinlifeandbooks.wordpr.... I have started a Goodreads group called "What is Life without Books". Would love more people to talk books with! "

message 18: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Gardner (lagardner) | 2 comments Hey!! I hope this is ok to share here. Author C.N. Crawford has a giveaway going on right now!! The cover is absolutely gorgeous https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1 comments I think its urban fantasy? Its got romantic elements but isn't a typical paranormal romance.

Http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Eileen Moore travels the continental United States looking for ghosts, cryptids, and all manner of paranormal beings.

Instead, she finds a severely injured young man, who doesn't seem to speak English, held captive in the basement of an abandoned building and, without other options, she takes him home to nurse him back to health.

And to find out if he's human or not.