The Sword and Laser discussion

Recap of The Wheel Of Time.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I did google this but was worried of spoilers. I heard there was someone who had done a recap of all The Wheel Of Time books, I think I heard it here and wondered if anyone remembers who did it. I have only read to book four but dont want to re read.

Many Thanks

message 2: by D. H. (last edited Sep 18, 2012 02:32AM) (new)

D. H. | 100 comments It might be the Wertzone. Here's a link to their review of the first book. (I haven't read the review because I haven't read any of the books, so I don't know if it's any good or not.)
http://thewertzone.blogspot.jp/2012/0...

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6782 comments Mod
Yea those are the ones they've mentioned in the podcasts. I haven't read them myself, but with the last book coming up, I may skim them.

I only started reading WoT maybe 2 or 3 years ago, so it's still pretty fresh for me thankfully.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mm no sure about this, its not necessarily a recap it seems to be all the back history, in all the ages, im not sure whether to read this, its actually really interesting but I dont know if I will spoil the discovery of these things in other books. What do you guys think?

Thanks by the way :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wait, I think it goes into recapping the book later on, man this is a very thoroughly researched bit of The Wheel Of Time history, if your reading this I would recommend having a look at this, theres probably stuff in there that would be really useful.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Catalfano (cattfish) Tor.com is also doing a re-read

message 7: by Micah (last edited Sep 18, 2012 12:10PM) (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Cattfish wrote: "Tor.com is also doing a re-read"

Leigh Butler is doing it. She is quite hilarious but her posts are filled with spoilers for the later books so it may not be a great resource for people who aren't caught up.

here's the link in case you want it: http://www.tor.com/features/series/wo...

message 8: by David (new)

David (caddarn) | 40 comments I'm up to date with the recap on Wertzone and I can safely say he's covered all the major details that'll save me re-reading the series!

message 9: by Rod (new)

Rod (terez07) | 97 comments Since the final WOT installment is due out in early 2013, I've started to reread the books from the beginning. Having access to these recaps will most definitely be helpful!