Diverge into Divergent discussion

Debates > what do you think was wrong with the books?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graham (new)

Graham Haehnle  | 42 comments Mod

message 2: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

Sierra~Kelley | 99 comments Mod
....O.O There was something wrong to begin with...?

Hmm.I love Tris but I think the author should have added a little spice to her character.She seemed awfully plain to me sometimes.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 50 comments Mod
I loved Tris in Divergent, but in Insuregnt she was very similar to Katniss in Mockingjay. if you know what I mean.

Other than that, I can't say. They weren't flawless but I can't put my finger on what's the matter.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I think the series is a fun read but the things I found wrong with the series is

1) nobody turns from a sweet girl into a bitchy bitch in like a month, it took this girl I know Kassie like 3 years

2) I felt absolutely no connection with the characters, in fact I felt isolated from them, half the time in insurgent I was like, who was that person? and I literally read the books back to bacl

3) The society itself is slightly unfunctioning. Because if there are more factionless then faction people, why on earth would they just take the crap (but then again there are more rich people then poor people but they clearly take the rich people crap) and also I dislike the dauntless for killing or sending their elderly away

4) Insurgent, I have a problem with that book, it seems like the author just decided to put like 10 different "OHHH SHIT, did not see that coming moments" in like 30 pages so it got so confusing that nobody knows what the heck just happened

5) the Insta-love. While i was greatful that the series didn't turn into a lovetriangle. It seems like the characters don't know anything about each other on a personal level, only on a survival type level. I think they need to have a longass talk with each other and decide whether they're truly right for each other. This isn't the only book I've seen this in though, books need work.

I hope you guys don't think I'm just here to totally trash your life and diss your favorite book. I do genuinely like the books and I love the premise of it but I also disagree with the, omg if you hate this book I won't ever talk to you again, type thing. BYEE :D

message 5: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "I loved Tris in Divergent, but in Insuregnt she was very similar to Katniss in Mockingjay. if you know what I mean.

Other than that, I can't say. They weren't flawless but I can't put my finger o..."

Same here...There's something off about the characters.I couldn't connect with them for starters..

message 6: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

I agree with 1) and 4)

Does anybody have any idea what the ending was reaallly about it?Sure I got the idea but that didn't cover the 'why' part even after giving it so much thought.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 50 comments Mod
The apocalypse. The end of humans. Governments desperate. They need to know that there are level headed people in the world. They devise an experiment--find people who are good at many things. They will become the leaders of this world. But we need a controlled area to find them. And there you have it--Chicago, with factions and all. A huge experiment to find level headed people who will repair the human race, a last ditch effort.

message 8: by Graham (new)

Graham Haehnle  | 42 comments Mod
EXACTLY!!!!!!

message 10: by Nico (new)

Nico (nascole) Sounds like city of ember. Or not, I haven't read it in forever! Haha

message 11: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new)

A little bit of character development was missing,I felt.A teensy weensy bit.BUT OTHER THAN THAT THIS BOOK WAS THE VERY DEFINITION OF PERFECTION.

message 12: by Isabel (new)

Isabel  (happykittybooks) | 5 comments ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "I loved Tris in Divergent, but in Insuregnt she was very similar to Katniss in Mockingjay. if you know what I mean.

Other than that, I can't say. They weren't flawless but I can't put my finger o..."

A agree. If Triss had keeped her bichy aditude i think it would have mad the book i wee bit better but over all i love the books.

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) NOTHING!!!!!!! :D