Diverge into Divergent discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
Debates > Should there be a movie?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sierra~Kelley | 99 comments Mod
I strongly disagree to make a movie out of this one.Because it's gonna end up a dissapointment.It just wouldn't be fair to the book!

Graham Haehnle  | 42 comments Mod
agreed, but the process has already begun. i shall post a link later. what do you think it will be like?

message 3: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Same as HG.They would probably miss ALL the amazing bits of the book and just film a REALLY plain version of it,which would just deprive the people who haven't read the book to really appreciate it,you know.
And when they film the second movie it's gonna have a LOT of add-ons which weren;t really explained in Divergent.But hey that's only my opinion.It could be a great movie...if they include the awesomeness...which in simple words is the entire book:P

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 50 comments Mod
Yes....it gets the word out to the rest of the world. Plus it's fun.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

HECK TO THE NO! This would not be a good movie. Some books need to STAY BOOKS! No matter how popular they are

message 6: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

YES YES AND YES!

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) YEAH i dont want a movie. When they said there was going to be a movie i was so pissed. they always ruin a movie. They choose the wrong actors or they mess up the characters personality.

I hate it most though, when people freak out about the movie without even reading the books, just from a good commercial or actor. Then after seeing it, they think they know everything! :/ So what we need to do is make the series SO POPULAR, that by then they will have to make the move accurate (like the fans did with the Hunger Games)

Nico (nascole) I heard shaleine woodley is going to play tris. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Thoughts?

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) Nicole wrote: "I heard shaleine woodley is going to play tris. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Thoughts?"
ugh... not that happy.. :/ thats not exactly how i imagined tris.
now i am scared.. i cannot watch the movie..they care going to ruin it.
*insecure bookworm that freaks out when one of her fav books gets turned into a movie*

message 11: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth (elkrmova) Shaleine Woodley is casted as Tris, Colton Haynes i rumored to play Tobias (Four). I'm good with Shaleine Woodley but I'm not sure about Colton. He's a great actor and stuff. But I can't imagine him as Tobias.

Agreed

message 13: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rubyscooby) | 3 comments I'm not too happy with Shaleine as Tris, but I read somewhere that Kate Winslet was gonna be in the movie, thats kinda cool.

message 14: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan | 4 comments Sorry to jump in but I think making a movie is a good idea mainly because of the effect the hunger games had. It inspired alot of others to actually pick up a book and READ. Thg was a HUGE success and they captured the characters well. I'm very excited for divergent :)

Meghan wrote: "Sorry to jump in but I think making a movie is a good idea mainly because of the effect the hunger games had. It inspired alot of others to actually pick up a book and READ. Thg was a HUGE success ..."

Agreed.

message 16: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn (papergalaxies) Okay, shaline might not be our ideal choice but we should support her, its not going to help to bash her. We need to support her in the role of Tris.

message 17: by Grace Regan (new) - added it

Grace Regan (graceregan) i think theres just too much in the books to be condensed into a movie. even though it probs wouldnt be that great i would obviously still watch it. i think shailene woodley is the perf tris though.