Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Request to add my new book to Goodreads

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments I just released the second book in the Kelli Storm series, Storm Wanning and would like to have it added to Goodreads. My first book, Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel is already listed and has reviews. Please note that both books are now exclusive to Amazon.

Regards,

Kenneth Hoss

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 17, 2012 07:31AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments You seem to have already added it.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Do you have a cover, not from Amazon.

message 3: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments I tried to add it, but can't seem to get it right. What do I need to do to add a cover and links?

message 4: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments That is for the paperback version. I also have a Kindle version.

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments The easiest way to add a cover is to have it on your blog (without PROOF splattered all over it) and we can add it for you.

To make adding and tweaking your own books easier you can claim your author profile here
http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...

message 6: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments I do have the cover on my blog, the full cover with and without the "Proof" across it. I also thought I was a member since my first book has been up here for over a year. How can I get my Kindle version added?

message 7: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Provide a link to the cover and I'll add it. I could only see the proof version when I looked.

If you claim your author profile it gives you the ability to add and/or edit books that you yourself have written and posted on Goodreads. If you don't claim the profile then there is no link between the profile you are using to post in this thread and the profile that has the books Storm Warning and Storm Rising attached. As far as the system is concerned those are no more your books than they are mine and it won't let you edit them. Claim the profile and they are yours. Problems solved.

message 8: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments I claimed my profile about ten minutes ago. How long does it normally take. Will I get an e-mail confirmation? Sorry for all of the questions. Here is the link: http://kenhoss.blogspot.com/2012/08/s...

Also, how do I add the eBook?

message 9: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 17, 2012 08:46AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Kenneth wrote: "I claimed my profile about ten minutes ago. How long does it normally take."

Pretty quick, I believe.

If you don't want to wait until you hear from the leadership before adding your own ebook just post the ASIN, publication date and the other info that you see on any book page and we'll do it for you.

Personally I would wait. Remember that you can only add a book once. If you don't do it now you will need to write something else before you get another chance.

Cover added
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 10: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments Thanks for adding the cover. I don't think I completely comprehend what you're saying. If I don't add my book now I will have to wait until I write something else before I can add it?

I still haven't received anything concerning my "Profile".

Just to make sure it gets added, and linked to my other book, here is the ASIN for Storm Warning, the ebook version: B009B5CYJ0

Regards,

Kenneth Hoss

P.S. I don't recall having this much trouble getting my first novel on here.

message 11: by Violetta (new)

Violetta | 479 comments "Kenneth wrote: I still haven't received anything concerning my "Profile""

It can take up to a few days to process an author request. You will receive email confirmation when they successfully upgrade your user account to an author account. Joining the program merges your author page with your member page. The email will also contain further instructions for managing your author profile.

message 12: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hoss (KenHoss) | 13 comments Thank you. I will be watching for the e-mail confirmation.

message 13: by Violetta (new)

Violetta | 479 comments Kenneth wrote: "Thanks for adding the cover. I don't think I completely comprehend what you're saying. If I don't add my book now I will have to wait until I write something else before I can add it?"

Books can be added at any time by librarians. I'm not sure what Banjomike meant by advising you to wait. This may be a useful thread for you to read, if you haven't already.

message 14: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Abdelmaksoud | 7 comments could you please add this book:

title: منهاج المسلم
Author: أبو بكر جابر الجزائري

message 15: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Violetta wrote: "Books can be added at any time by librarians. I'm not sure what Banjomike meant by advising you to wait."

What I meant was simply that firstly, Kenneth has already successfully added a book by himself so he clearly knows how to do it. Secondly that if I was in his situation I would WANT to add my own book to Goodreads. Thirdly, since a book can only be added once (because we don't delete them) Kenneth would have to add his new book now (or when he gets his author confirmation) or he will never be able to do it because WE will have done it by then. Fourthly, in that case he will only get to add his own work to Goodreads if he either writes a new book or publishes a new edition. Finally, I appologise for confusing people.