Gay fiction/non-fiction discussion

General > Goodreads Tips

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ted (new)

Ted (efcorson) | 414 comments Mod
You may have noticed that you can't see other people's star ratings in the group bookshelf.

But If you click "View" next to any book on the group bookshelf, you will be taken to a page with a special section entitled "what members thought" which lists any existing ratings/reviews from group members.

message 2: by Ted (last edited Feb 05, 2009 02:27PM) (new)

"my profile" and "my account" are drop-down selections. Run your cursor over the triangle next to "Hi " on the upper right side of any screen.

message 3: by Ted (new)

Nancy wrote: "I just found a new feature today. If you go directly to an author's page, you can click on "become a fan". Your favorite authors will then be listed on your profile page.

I've already added a..."

Nope, that's new one on me.. Thanks, Nancy!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Nancy wrote: "I'm kinda sad that some of my favorite authors don't have photos."

Nancy, me too! I could easily add over 100 authors who are close and dear to my heart, but alas! no photo!

message 5: by Ted (new)

Formatting Tips

Some of you may have wondered how people insert direct links to books and authors into their text, like this: Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx.

Goodreads supports a (limited) set list of html tags that you can use to format your comments, reviews, and stories & writing. To link to a book or author, enter your information between square brackets, preceded by either “book:” or “author:” as follows:

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brokeback Mountain (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Annie Proulx (other topics)