Quantum Girls discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siobhan (last edited Sep 16, 2012 02:29PM) (new)

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes (siobhanols) | 6 comments Mod
Hello everyone! I am Siobhan and I am the group "moderator", not that I think a bunch of scinerds are the type of folks to get rowdy. So, please introduce yourself here and let me know what you are interested in so I can make sure there is a folder for it. You can reveal as much or as little as you like, but please at least say hello.

I will get the ball rolling and tell you about me. I like science books in general, but I love physics. I don't know why, because I don't have any kind, of a degree in any kind of science. I also like to read; wildlife, dogs, fantasy and historical fiction. I am an amateur artist who hopes to be a working professional someday. I like watercolor, collage, and mixed media and a little bit of various kinds of drawing. I am married (17 years) and I am owned by 2 parrots, a Harlequin macaw and a Derbyan parakeet.

What about you?

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Winegeart | 2 comments Well hello! This group sounded too awesome to only have one member. My name is Julia, I'm also married (2 yrs) and I live in Fort Smith, AR. I'm not a scientist. I have a BS in Mathematics and I'm currently a programmer, but I do enjoy science talk. I also really enjoy history (thus history of science = super interesting), Jane Austen and fantasy/fiction.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments Hello! Great name for a group. My name is Rachel and I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I'm not a scientist but am married (1 year) to one so I hear lots about biology and genetics and have lots of science and history of science books laying around the house that I enjoy working my way through.

About me... There's one cat camped out on my lap and another on my feet. I'm a graphic designer. Almost all that is on a computer - I don't think I've really drawn anything by hand since fall. My favorite genres are history and science fiction. Occasionally I write and go biking.

message 4: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes (siobhanols) | 6 comments Mod
This is so cool! I was beginning to think I was just a lone female weirdo who dug science, but this is great! I have started a couple of more threads, just so we have more places to "talk". But, again, welcome! I am so happy that you ladies are here.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! I am a random girl who searched Quantum Girls. Why did I search Quantum Girls? Well, in my class of sixteen people (I'm in eighth grade) we are entirely slightly obsessed with all things Quantum related, and us girls call ourselves "The Quantum Girls". We are all a bit odd and sciencey, and one of my friends nicknames is even Quark. So, I'm sorry if I entirely freaked you guys out, but here I am, a weird, sciencey, thirteen year old. I am a lot younger than you ladies, but whatever, I'm here! :D