Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Skid (Skid, #1)
This topic is about Skid
Young Adult Fiction > Free on Amazon, today only!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doug (new) - added it

Doug Solter (dougsolter) Hi, Guys!

My YA Formula 1 racing novel Skid by Doug Solter is free on Amazon today! Have a great weekend everyone!

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Skid-ebook/dp/B...

And here's more about the book:

Samantha Sutton drove the car that killed her dad. Now the seventeen-year-old can’t rest until she becomes the racing champion her dad molded her to be. Samantha exploits the system and earns a spot on a German racing team struggling to be relevant against the elite teams of Formula 1.

Samantha pushes herself, pushes her car, pushes her luck at 200 miles per hour. She battles Emilio Ronaldo, seven time world champion and Ferrari racing god. A hero to young girl, but now a rival to a young woman.

To keep herself sane, Samantha relies on her best friend Manny. But she doesn’t know quite what to do about his deep feelings for her. She would love to ask her sisters for advice, but they won’t talk to her. Not since Samantha told them the truth about Dad’s accident. The truth about that dark and rainy night.

What readers have been saying on Goodreads...

“What I loved about Samantha is her strong personality. Even when she was being bullied by the others in the Formula 1 world, she never backed down; she stood up for herself and showed the world that women had talent in racing too.” - Erfa

“Actual writing was good, especially writing the events as seen through a teenage girl's eyes. Some writers just can't nail that, so I applaud Solter for hitting it right on the mark.” - May

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Walsh (elainedwalsh) | 16 comments Atomic Summer by Elaine D Walsh rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 27 reviewers

And its FREE Wednesday, Sept 26 and Thursday, Sept 27

About me... I am a winner of the Chairman's Award for Excellence and a little known indie author. But my latest novel is going to change that!... Ok I hope. And if my fans are correct, the movie will be coming soon.

THREE friends, TWO secrets, ONE lie, and the summer that changed their lives.

"Captivating", "A Page Turner", "Must Read", "Put this at the TOP of your List"

The world is ripe for destruction in 1953. The Korean War drags on and the Rosenbergs are executed as spies. Senator Joseph McCarthy convinces the country communists are infiltrating the government, and the threat of nuclear war festered in the collective consciousness of the nation.

While the nation worries about communist bombs, sixteen-year-old Bernadette Vaughn holds court in the family bomb shelter, finagling a way to read Kinsey's groundbreaking work on human sexuality. She obsesses about boys and big city life. Her best friend, Faith McNulty is a devout Catholic who dreams of staying in their small town, marrying Allen Hanlon, and raising a family. Their awkward and unattractive friend, Octavia Mansfield doesn't have room in her life for boys, dreams, or God. She spends most of her young life caring for her severely disabled brother.
Their conversations about what each of them would do if the end of the world were imminent become the catalyst for a prank that spins wildly beyond control and draws in an entire town.

Left behind in the wake of that summer's events are their unrealized dreams and open wounds. In 1973, a reunion trip to the small town of their youth returns them to the summer of 1953 and the passion and betrayal that changed their lives.

If you liked the Ya - Ya Sisterhood, The Help, or just love good character driven novels, Atomic Summer is for you!
Atomic Summer