How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Is it true that putting your book on Amazon isn't enough?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Cain | 1 comments I am looking for some ways to market my new fiction eBook.

Naturally, Amazon seems the best place to put it. However, this page says that simply placing it on Amazon isn't enough:

http://www.pieceofcakepr.com/lp2

HELP? What else can I do? I don't want to be left high and dry!

message 2: by Lauryn (new)

Lauryn April (LaurynApril) | 19 comments What they're saying is that you can't just upload your book and expect the sales to start rolling in. You have to market it. It's as simple as talking about your book, you don't need to spend money on it, but you do need to spend some time.

First add your book to Goodreads, and Shelfari and any other book related site you can think of. Then maybe see if you can find someone to review it for a free copy. You have to get the word out there. Amazons Free KDP days help, but if you can promote those Free days it does better.

message 3: by Paulette (new)

Paulette Mahurin | 439 comments Also try Book's blog and network there with tons of groups and thousands of authors, bloggers, etc. Also the Literary Cafe is a great place to network. Connect with groups on facebook: search reviewers, bloggers who review, etc. Can also search the web for bloggers who review your genre.

Good luck with this.

message 4: by Graham (new)

Graham | 99 comments Lauryn and Paulette are dead right. Your book will never just sell itself unless you're already a celebrity. Facebook and Twitter are also fantastic marketing venues - most of my sales have come from my Facebook "like" page and meeting new people through Twitter.

Good luck Sarah and remember we are all in the same boat so don't be afraid to ask for help/advice at anytime.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent Yep, Sarah, I am in the same boat, too. I have been looking into getting paperback copies into local stores and have a book talk/signing scheduled. I have also scheduled a blog tour and there are sites that can set these up for you for free or little cost. I'm not sure how much help it will be since mine doesn't start to October 1, 2012. Also, finding reviewers isn't too hard. They're all over the Internet. Check out Indie View - they have a good list. I am learnign as I go, but I hope this was helpful.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (Technohippy) I put some simple tips on my blog: http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/201...

I think the most useful one so far was actually friends, they've helped spread the word.