Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Absolutely wrong!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments The book you've linked to doesn't list you as an author.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Cait wrote: "The book you've linked to doesn't list you as an author."

It list Jaq in the TITLE but if we delete it I expect the import jobs would just bring it back.

Hephaestus Books are garbage.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaq, I think you'd need to take this up with both Wikipedia and Hephaestus.

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments God I hate these wiki articles.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful It wouldn't be appropriate to delete something from the title that's part of the title. What we could do is put an explanatory note in the description.

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments willaful wrote: "It wouldn't be appropriate to delete something from the title that's part of the title. What we could do is put an explanatory note in the description."

Something like, "This book is crap. The title is crap. Read it for free on Wikipedia".

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments willaful wrote: "It wouldn't be appropriate to delete something from the title that's part of the title. What we could do is put an explanatory note in the description."

There already is one:
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful No, I meant specifying that the book is about the authors mentioned in the title and they didn't contribute to it.

message 9: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Banjomike wrote: "...if we delete it I expect the import jobs would just bring it back..."

I thought rivka said that the imports would no longer be bringing these in...
At any rate I thought the reason we don't delete those if they have been added by people is that we can never tell if people actually rated that or if they were intending to rate the actual book. As we have said before: Caveat Emptor.

message 10: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments lafon حمزة wrote: "I thought rivka said that the imports would no longer be bringing these in..."

Maybe. Although I noticed that this book was last edited by an importer on September 13.

message 11: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Jaq wrote: "Cait wrote: "The book you've linked to doesn't list you as an author."

It comes up on search on my author name."

As it should, since the search term matches words in the book title.