Existence (Existence, #1) Existence discussion

Buddy read...book 1

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanna So..???

Rachael I'm here... Ok, I admit it, you are awesome and I am rubbish, at computers! ;)

Joanna Own it babe..lol
so tell me ...we never got around to discuss crave...I was right though you really loved it huh?

Rachael Yeah I really loved Crave.
I liked both POVs, although I tended to prefer Tristens because he seemed to have a lot more going on with his, but I still enjoyed Savannah's. I have to say, my favourire parts were the dream connecting.. Oh how romantic, and all the times they did it as children but she'd always believed it to just being dreams, the tree house and Time square Ooohhhh I just loved it! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside!
I'm waiting for her to become bad ass! Kick some Clann butt and Vampire Butt to get Tristen back, becasue we already know she's going to brake up with him.. I reckon he won't be able to keep away, they'll dream connect just to see each other in secret!

Rachael Oh and together with him being the heir of the Clann leader he'll be really powerful, together thet can kick series BUTT!

Rachael Oh and they could have a little Hybrid of their own :')

Joanna yea the dream connect sequences were super cute..
totally agree Tristan seemed more in the moment than Savannah then again that might have been because her ice cold vamp side was getting in the way..:)
I don't know about you but I want Savannah's parents to get back together it seemed that they broke up because of her and I want that fixed pronto..
seriously hate Tristan's mom though what a b....

Rachael Yes totally agree, the sort of mother that's only interested in whats best for the family... pffft WHAT ABOUT TRISTEN WOMAN!?
And yep, I though maybe they could get back together, then help Savannah and Tristen fight the Clann and The Vamps and become a whole new family of leaders.. They can be the reason Witches and Vamps become.. Peaceful?

Joanna I think that's where the story is heading but whats with every vamp story starting in a freaking cafeteria...there are other places you know..lol

Savannah is like Luke skywalker she brings balance to the force..:D

Rachael Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh Jo you gave me a chuckle lol

Joanna mission accomplished then..:D

Rachael Yep I'd say it was ;)
So when are we starting? Has Erika found us yet because she's joining this one isn't she?
Talking to Sumaya, said when she's all sorted she can pick the next book as she's missed out so far.

Joanna What I dint get was why Tristan seemed to notice Savannah only after her vamp side awakened...how is Savannah sure its her not her vampy side that wants Tristan?

Rachael I think somewhere in there it said that he has been watching her for years, don't think he ever stopped. Then I'm sure he said something about trying to dream connect with her but there was always a shield up created by his mum and the necklace her Gran gave her as soon as the clann banned him from seeing her..

Joanna hmm maybe but he want really trying was he?
how about the Savannah wanting him part...

I've told Erica she'l join us tmrw I guess..

message 16: by Erika (new)

Erika Yelp i'm here...I will join you tomorrow. Need to go download the book!
Btw I skipped over all the chatting about crave...still need to read that one...lol!

message 17: by Erika (new)

Erika Hey I also found Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth on my bookshelf today. Have you guys read it yet?

Rachael they both have a connection. the fact that only coupled clann members can dream connect says a lot but also, they can both sense each other. when he looks at her she can feel and when she's in the same room... I think they're made for each other :')

Rachael I haven't read that but It sounds interesting... I'm willing to try anything once!
I'm going to have to write a list on here because I have like over 30 books on my kindle that I haven't read yet...
I tell you what though, I can't wait for the buddy read next march! Clockwork princess will be epic

message 20: by Erika (new)

Erika Hi Just downloaded my copy...what chapter are you guys on?

Joanna Done with ch 1?

Rachael I'm part way through chapter 3..

Joanna ooh how is it so far?

Rachael :'( its so lovely... I want my very own Dank, although I'd have to change his name!
the guitar and the singing and the staying by her bed side. I'm loving it..

Joanna LOL

Joanna done with the book??

Rachael Yep finished last and I can not tell you, I just loved it. I was pactically giddy last night when I finshed the book. And AND whats with Leif???? I never even guessed. Have you read the second?

Joanna nope I havent finished the book was reading souless...
have you tried parasol protectorate by gail carigger

message 29: by Joanna (last edited Sep 18, 2012 11:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna I bought four books of the series last year never got around to read it...I'm ADDICTED its simply amazing...I always did like historical novels..
still its so refreshing from the usual stuff we read.."the bedside vigil is getting kinda old"

Rachael nope just checked It out tho and its sounds good!

Joanna iant it..!
I keep switching between series..it gets too monotonous..
I'm still reading souless I found it far more interesting than existence..

Rachael Oh I loved existence. I'm still on Morning Star but the writing style is dragging it out for me.

Rachael So would you recommend the Souless series?

message 34: by Joanna (last edited Sep 19, 2012 01:27AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna YEP TOTALLY..
read souless today,we shall discuss in depth about it..so excited..yeay
maybe we should change the name of thread to buddy read....private no outsiders allowed.
yea that might bring in a horde just to prove me wrong

message 35: by Joanna (last edited Sep 19, 2012 04:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna ok finished existence and reaally dint like it that much it is so similar to a book series I read two years ago its called heavenly by jennifer laurens..and its soo much better..

first prob I had with it was by the the time I came to the car crash part with her in it,It was obvious that he was death,how could she not know that she saw all the signs he could talk to her touch her where as the souls could do neither..It was frustrating reading about the lengths she took just to figure who he was,when the answer was staring right at her face..
the entire leif thing annoyed me I mean the guy is everything she needed and she just led him on and broke him...
the story was just off and so similar that I lost interest pretty fast....I dont get the hype but I guess cute guys on the book covers warrant more attention than genuinely good stories

Rachael Oh I really liked it but then I've not read the other series your talking about so maybe I should give that one a go and see..I do agree with about the whole 'How could she not know?' It was so obvious but it didn't annoy me enough to stop reading...
Can you make it private??

message 37: by Rachael (last edited Sep 19, 2012 06:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachael I have a list of books. Let me know if you fancy reading any of them?
Fearless
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part VI
Ties to the Blood Moon
Night of Wolves
Veiled Eyes
Ethereal
Once Bitten
Jimmy Threepwood and the Veil of Darkness
Her Dark Angel
Promise
Child of the Ghosts
Inhuman
Shelter
The Rook
Ok I have more but thats enough for now.
Have you read any of them?
Sorry I can't get the pic of the book on here..

Joanna hmm well some of them are in to be read shelve so...yeah
but I've got books lined up for this month how about we devour these after the hush hush buddy read..?

Rachael Yep, fine with me :)

message 40: by Joanna (last edited Sep 19, 2012 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna FANTASTIC
OKAY TIME TO BITCH ABOUT EXISTENCE..
thoughts?(or have I covered all the bases..lol)

message 41: by Rachael (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachael Haha no bitching.. I loved it lol.
Honestly, it could have been better written and it tended to bable on a bit but I thought the love story was that good it didn't bother me.. I am a massive soppy git tho and I just loved the guitar playing and the song singing and the whole "There is no one to hurt you while you're protected by death"
And what the chuff happened to Leif? I had no idea he was something other than human.. I felt sort of sorry for him at first but now I'm wondering why he was interested in Pagen as well.. I read a sample of The sesond book and it seems he may have been with her since she was a child but I didn't read enough to work out why??

message 42: by S. (new) - rated it 2 stars

S. Okay Ima just join in here.. sorry :/ and

HEYY GUYYYYS!

and umm yehh Existence..

Okay yehh the deal with Leif and all in the end but

throughout the book didn't you feel like Pagan was being a bit selfish? I mean.. she was practically two-timing Leif. and yehh I guess the story was good, but I found it IMMENSELY frustrating :/ .

I guess I was just disappointed, cos of the hype it had and the eyes on the cover :(

Rachael she was really selfish no denying it. but I still couldn't help feelin for her. I know, I know I'm bad but I just feel like she needed him to get through being without Dank, I don't think she ever thought being with Dank was a possibility, maybe that's why she kept hold of Leif?
thankfully I never saw any of the hype as I've never heard of existence before Jo mentioned it, maybe if I had I would have also been disappointed..

Rachael and, maybe Leif knew exactly what was going on and exactly why Pagon needed him. maybe, just maybe, he purposefully made Pagon feel safe and secure every time she touched him? maybe that's his thing?