Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please add my book to my author page

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Sep 16, 2012 12:39AM) (new)

Lauren Hunter (laurenhunter) | 3 comments Hello,

I recently added my book, The Promise by Lauren Hunter, to Goodreads. It is not showing up on my author page under books by Lauren Hunter. I tried clicking on 'add books' to this list at the bottom, but it won't pull up the page I added, instead I get an empty page.

I am not sure why it is not showing up on my author page. Also, there are books on my page under 'books by Lauren Hunter' that are not mine, but I can't see how to remove them. There is no delete option.

The only two books that should be on my page under books by Lauren Hunter are, The Coffee Shop, and The Promise.

So sorry to bother you with this, but I can't see how to do this myself. I am unable to access the page I want when clicking 'add books' to this list, and I can't see how to remove all the books that are not mine from the list on my author page.

It has been suggested there may be an extra space in the entry between my first and last name, and that may be why it is not showing up, and that one of you will have to go in and fix it as I can't.

Thank you for taking care of this for me. I really appreciate it and would not bother you with this if I could do it myself.

Lauren Hunter

P.S. I have figured out the problem. The Coffee Shop had two spaces between my first and last name. So I went and put two spaces between my first and last name in The Promise and now it's attached to my author page and when I click on Lauren Hunter it takes me to my author page from The Promise book page.

I tried to change The Coffee Shop to one space but then it wouldn't allow me to connect with my author page any more. So from now on I will have to remember to put two spaces between my first and last name when entering new books.

BUT I still need someone to please remove all the books from my author page that are not mine. I just need the one copy of The Coffee Shop and the one copy of The Promise. All the others need to be deleted please, and all those empty Promise's (LOL)need to be removed as well.

Thank you so much for removing those for me. Goodreads needs to create a button that allows authors to remove books from their author list so they can eliminate books that are not theirs. I don't want any confusion with people thinking they are mine. Especially if they are a topic I don't want associate with my name.

Thank you! :)

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Got 'em all. Which books do not belong to you?