Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > Thoughts on Perks Of Being A Wallflower

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Like the book? Hate it? Just particular bits you didn't like?

Share your thoughts on this thread. Debates are welcome, just keep it calm. Don't lose yo shiz just because someone doesn't agree you. Be sensible, no obscene swearing.

message 2: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina I just recently read this. I was so not expecting what was coming, but I was not disappointed at all. In fact, I thought this book was one of the best I've ever read. It had so many quotes in it that I was just like "OMG I gotta write that down and remember it!". It was amazing. I don't really see how they can do a movie like the book, especially from watching the trailer, but I am still going to watch it.

message 3: by Kyle (new)

Kyle I agree. Awesome lines, throughout. It's really calming, you know? It's one of my favourite books now! And OMG then ending! That was sad! When you realise (view spoiler), it's so sad! He's had all these problems all because of a moment he can't even remember! But, overall, it was a fantastic book. I'm really glad I read it. :)

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I really like this book, some people could relate on this and gives a life lesson.
made a review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 5: by Kyle (new)

Kyle That's a very nice review Beatrice.. Thanks for sharing. :D

message 6: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 315 comments I read this a while back and have a massive love hate relationship with it. But overall, it's a very bittersweet book that I enjoyed. Charlie manages to both impress me and make me want to beat my head against the wall with his simple narration. I love love love Patrick and Sam. And I will admit to shedding a few tears towards the end. But sometimes the book just feels like "how many controversial topics can we fit into this book?" However, I would agree it's worth a read.