Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Etta James Hates Beyonce

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 05, 2009 04:08PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Normally I wouldn't post much celebrity news, but this quote made me laugh...it's from Emma James, on stage...

You guys know your president, right?" she asked the crowd amid cheers. "You know the one with the big ears? Wait a minute, he ain't my president, he might be yours, he ain't my president. You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song -- she's gonna get her a-- whipped. The great Beyoncé ... But I can't stand Beyoncé. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day ... singing my song that I've been singing forever."

Whoo!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.as...

message 2: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments I'm with Etta. Beyoncé... sucks.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She does, you know. I always want to say, "Just sing the damn song!"

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Whatever.

There's few things worse in this world than some old fart stirring up shit for no reason.

Who gives a fuck? Etta James' place in musical history has been sealed. She needs to just shut the fuck up and collect her royalties.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I agree Gus. The old and established are always going to have beef with the up and comers. Whatever.

Etta needs to just relax and move on. Beyonce is fine, just doing her thing. I don't like that Etta is all uppity about "her song" - songs are songs are songs.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. I just want to see them brawl on the red carpet at some awards show...

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh, you just know Etta would whoop Beyonce. Her hair weaves would be all over the place!

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Etta's lived a hardscrabble life. She'd beat the ever-living shit out of Beyonce and not break a sweat.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Word on the street is that Etta herself is guilty of covering other people's songs.

But really, who gives a shit.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Shh, Lori! She'll whoop your ass!

shellyindallas Is Etta James American? And, if so, how is Obama not her President?

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Etta could've used a lesson from Dolly Parton who said she didn't mind that Whitney covered her song because she was getting an extra $6 million for it... or something like that. I just know that whatever she said, it had that sweet Dolly charm all over it.

message 13: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) Maybe she didn't like what she saw (IF she saw) Cadillac Records. (In which, Beyonce was pretty darn good.)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Etta seems to have gone a bit batty. But I love Beyonce. Her stuff is perfect for the gym! PARTNER, LET ME UPGRADE U!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Beyonce played her in Cadillac Records, so maybe Gary's right? Was Etta insulted that Beyonce was chosen to sing it at the balls instead of her? I had thought she had been sick...

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

She looks nothing at all like what I was imagining while reading this:

[image error]

message 17: by Dave (last edited Feb 05, 2009 07:27PM) (new)

Dave Russell And why does she call it her song? It was written by Harry Warren 20 years before she first recorded it.

message 18: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Now Etta's saying she was just kidding.

What the fuck.

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori hahaha. What a mindfuck.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

Lordy! Everyone is bitchy the one day, repentant the next. Christian, Etta ... who's next?

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) King Dinösaur wrote: "I wish she would kick Beyonce's ass."

Yeah I would pay to see that.