The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books discussion

Book Title Choices > Why I Wrote "Sonnets for the Spanish" and How

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Feb 06, 2009 10:27AM) (new)

C.P. (cpklapper) | 1 comments I was in love. Actually, I still am in love with the same lady. The sonnets were written with the full fervor of that love and at a torrid pace. It started on a business trip to Boston, providing technical assistance at a trade show. I had a pad of paper from the hotel I was staying at which I brought with me and, during the many lulls, I wrote sonnets. The sonnets fit nicely onto the paper and the pad fit neatly into my pocket. As time allowed, I typed each poem up and posted them online as well as saved them in files. While still on that trip, I came across an online version of "Sonnets from the Portuguese" and, since my love is partly Hispanic, the thought of a book and its title clearly presented itself. I continued writing the sonnets at a rapid pace after the trip, still thoroughly inspired by my Muse. After a couple of months of impassioned writing and a small amount of editing, I had completed the sonnets in the book. From there, it took only a little cover design, writing a suitable dedication and completing some administrative tasks before I had copies of "Sonnets for the Spanish" in hand.

Sonnets for the Spanish by C.P. Klapper

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1 comments I would love a copy I have misplaced the one given to me by the author...

The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sonnets for the Spanish (other topics)