Writers and Readers discussion

Writers Corner > Character Name

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
How Steel Blade or Steel Ronin?

message 2: by Scorpion12 (new)

Scorpion12 | 1 comments Does the name have to be something typically tough to be associated with the character? How about something like Terry, or Tod, or Wesley...

Reason I say these is if he's a cyborgnetic organism, it sounds like it's self aware... and if it's got abilities and powers that most people don't, it should be upset at its creator for branding it with what it considers an inferior name... and goes on a rampage to destroy that person until it learns that the name is from the creators past and he/she is paying homage to that person by using that name... then the cyborgnetic organism takes pride in that name...

And, viola! Plot twist that's unexpected. :)

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Juliano | 17 comments Actually, I like Steel, but maybe as the last name given. That way he can still be called Steel, but has a first name (like humans) as well...

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (sweetlykayla) Colt Steele could be good. It kind of sounds like cold... Cold Steel Colt Steele...

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 12 comments I love naming! Here are some ideas: Alloy. (A mixture of two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic. Is he something more than what he is made of? Or could it suggest that he is part one thing--cybor and part another--samurai)? Thrust (as in to press or force). It sounds strong. Riposte (as in a counterattack). Pierce (as in penetrate or cut through)--which has the added advantage of being a common name.)