Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please combine the two editions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sori (new)

Sori (saraabdullah) | 44 comments These two books are for the same author but one is in Arabic and the other is Turkish, as I know that Super librarians have the authority to combine book with different author pages like (one is the Arabic page of the Author) and the other is (the Turkish page)

Ermeni Tehciri
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

تهجير الأرمن (1914-1918): الوثائق والحقيقة
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/95...

message 2: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Is there an ISBN available?

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I've combined the editions -- it doesn't take a superlibrarian, by the way, just re-ordering the authors so that the name in Turkish characters is primary on both -- but I'd appreciate if an Arabic-speaking librarian could take a look at the record and make sure it's in order.

message 4: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Cait wrote: "I've combined the editions -- it doesn't take a superlibrarian, by the way, just re-ordering the authors so that the name in Turkish characters is primary on both -- but I'd appreciate if an Arabic..."

Sorry, I'm a new librarian and thought I would mess up, that's why I asked for an ISBN.
And I asked for an arabic speaking librarian to check if it's ok.

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Otl1987 wrote: "Cait wrote: "I've combined the editions -- it doesn't take a superlibrarian, by the way, just re-ordering the authors so that the name in Turkish characters is primary on both -- but I'd appreciate..."

That's fine...better safe than sorry, especially as a new librarian.

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I've combined these, ahmed. (In the future please start a new thread for combining a new book's editions.)

message 8: by Voula (new)

Voula  (otl1987) (otl1987) Just for the record, the books Sori asked to be combined, have been checked by an arab speaking librarian and are ok.