Memoir Authors discussion

General > Uploading revisions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard When I set out to author the memoir I published on Kindle - for an incredibly inspirational lady - I knew nothing at all about formatting, html or Amazon, so I got myself a fantastic program that lets me play around with the book, to my heart's content.

The only thing I initially 'messed' up, was not being able to figure out how to leave the first para of each Chapter without an indent.

I've learnt how to do that and have made the correction, along with getting rid of a couple of 'stray' grammatical errors.

I now want to upload the revised copy to Amazon but I don't know how to do that. Normally, I would play around and try the editing book details option that pops up when you hit the 'Actions' tab.

However, I got a really good review on Amazon (USA http://tinyurl.com/8pbhd78) and I am worried that I might somehow delete it if mess up.

Any advice on uploading the revised/corrected edition, especially without affecting a review would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Leila (new)

Leila Summers (leilasummers) | 770 comments Hi Richard,
You can upload a new edition of the e-book without affecting any of the info on Amazon including the reviews as your ASIN number stays the same and all the info related to that stays. It's only if you delete that book and republish it with a new ASIN that you will lose all the content. So make sure you don't delete, but instead just upload the new version.

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishin...
When you click on the book title under the bookshelf tab, you will be able to upload your book under No. 5 - I think this is the same place as your 'Actions' tab.

The old version remains on sale until replaced by the new, which may take a few hours. Some suggest doing it late at night.

I know it's scary, but it is fine to go ahead! Good luck and let us know how it goes. Remember, if anything ever goes wrong, you can always contact Amazon and they can set it right again :)

Leila

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Hi Leila,

Thanks a million! Will have a go later today! Just finished adding a picture of the lady for whom I authored the book.

all the best

Richard

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Virany (margaretvirany) | 14 comments Hi Richard,
Congratulations on the excellent review you got for your book!

When I was facing similar problems re formatting my book for the Amazon Kindle platform I stumbled upon jtbigtoad in the Amazon Support pages. He gives very good advice, the most helpful I've found anywhere. Here is the link. I've been passing it on to others and I hope it helps you too:
http://forums.kindledirectpublishing....

Margaret

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Hi Margaret,

A double thank you!
First for the congratulations on the review and and a second but equal thanks for the link!

The more I see of this writing world the more I realise just how little I know. Believe it or not I've just spent the last hour finding out what tagging books really means - should have asked but I've got to put in some work!