Home Home discussion

Book Briefs at The Paris Public Library, on "Home" on October 4, 2012, by Toni Morrison

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (last edited Sep 14, 2012 09:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sydney Young Sydney Young will provide a Book Brief at The Paris Public Library, Paris Texas on October 4, 2012, at 6:30 p.m. On "Home" by Toni Morrison. All are welcome. Young is an attorney and writes a book column for The Paris News entitled Book Briefs. She has a blog on reading and the arts in Paris, Texas at www.sydsavvy.blogspot.com and is a reading activist for the area.

Ipshita Toni Morrison's Home: A Review: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/li...

Sydney Young Great time tonight, thanks Paris Public Library for hosting!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

This was just a fantastic book - for me the best Toni Morrison has written (or at least the best I have read). The language was so simple but every phrase was just perfect.....

Sydney Young Glad to hear someone else also thought so highly of it. I think it is very accessible across the board and makes for great dialogue and introspection. Very much main stream literary fiction, whereas her other books are more magical realism, although this has an element of that as well.