Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Help! Combining editions made books disappear

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (last edited Sep 14, 2012 06:13PM) (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments I have three novels, two anthologies, and a short story on Goodreads. In a moment of brilliance (insert sarcasm here) I noticed they all had several editions (ebook, paperback, Kindle) and I decided to combine those editions. Unfortunately, during that process I forgot that I'm an idiot when it come to this sort of stuff, and now all of my books are combined under one novel, and one anthology. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to undo my ignorance. Can anyone help?

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments Thanks, MissJessie - here's my dashboard: http://www.goodreads.com/author/dashb...

Do you need a different one?

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments Aaannnd...now I see them all? I really need to go have a drink....

message 4: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 871 comments I fixed it for you, no problems..

To fix it, first click "combine editions" and then choose on the next page the "separate" tool. Very easy thing to do.

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments You are amazing (and amazingly fast!) Thank you! Next time, I'll remember I'm an idiot. ;-)

message 6: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 871 comments Melinda wrote: "Thanks, MissJessie - here's my dashboard: http://www.goodreads.com/author/dashb...

Do you need a different one?"

My mistake; I just clicked on your photo (avatar) the info came up. :)

Have one one me. Straight tequila shots work in extremis.

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments Dipping into the wine right now (family is at a football game and I'm enjoying a moment of peace). Cheers! :-)

message 8: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments You're not an idiot. It's actually a common mistake and the reason us librarians are here.

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Clayton (GoodreadscomMelinda_Clayton) | 15 comments And thank goodness you are!