Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Gene Ruyle
This topic is about Gene Ruyle
Questions > Clarification of a work's "edition" status?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gene (new)

Gene Ruyle (plainsmann) | 11 comments A little work I wrote years ago ("Use Guide for Christian Believing") currently shows up as "another edition" for the book "Christian Believing" (the first volume in The Church's Teaching Series, published by Seabury Press in 1979). I think these two need to be separated instead of combined. I made this notation in the "librarian's comment" box accompanying the work's detail information yesterday -- but didn't want to go further without checking with someone else first. The use Guide's isbn: 0816422214

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 13, 2012 02:42PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments OK, separated.

Is the title OK?

message 3: by Gene (new)

Gene Ruyle (plainsmann) | 11 comments Thanks for the swift response! I'll check to see. When the book showed up as "Books by Gene Ruyle," lumped together as another version of the book it is about -- I thought they needed to be separated. But I wanted to check with someone else first before simply separating the two. I'm sure what you've done solves the problem.

Gratefully,

Gene

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Generally speaking, if two books are if fact totally different books then they should not have been combined in the first place. The author of one of the books is usually (but not always) a fairly reliable source for that info.

This is the link to your book
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/73...

message 5: by Gene (new)

Gene Ruyle (plainsmann) | 11 comments Couldn't agree more. Thanks for cutting through the melange and being guided by common sense. ;- ) How very refreshing!

With gratitude and respect,

Gene