The Unknown Awesomes discussion

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Okay, I have a question, what happens if I have the symptoms of leukmia in bold:

Fevers and night sweats.
Frequent or unusual infections.
Weakness and fatigue.
Headaches.
Bruising of the skin and bleeding from the gums or rectum.
Bone pain.
Joint pain.
Swelling in the belly or pain on the left side of the belly or in the left shoulder from a swollen spleen.
Swollen lymph nodes in the armpit, neck, or groin.
Decreased appetite and weight loss because you feel full and don't want to eat.

message 2: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Sorry guys.. I'm not saying I have it.. I was just wondering what to do!
And don't tell anyone about this... Please!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1223 comments Mod
Okay. The first one could be due to season changes. Or other...Girl stuff? *Feels awkward*
The second is because school just started. I have it too. Trust me.
I get headaches all the time. Don't worry 'bout them.
Gums bleeding? I think I would ask your mum to make you a dentist appointment. That'll probably rule that out.
I'm not sure about the bone pain. Do you feel better if you take a Tylenol or something?
I never can eat lunch. I'm just not hungry. It could be your body adjusting to new eating schedules.

However, I think you should start with a dentist appointment. Especially if you don't want your parents to know or something. I do, though, HIGHLY RECOMMEND telling your mum. Even if it does just turn out to be something stupid, better safe than sorry. Anyway, if then it turns out they're not sure why your gums are bleeding you could ask your parents about seeing a doctor maybe. But seriously, DON'T WORRY. I'm sure it'll all work out. It could even just be in your head.
{Speaking of, how'd you reach this conclusion?}

message 4: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Ummmm... My dad is a dentist, so I'm pretty good with that and my gums NEVER bleed. D:

message 5: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Oh and I research different diseases for a while. And whenever I tell my mom I have ANYTHING she says it is all in my head D:

message 6: by Lilsurprise (last edited Sep 14, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Her's another one.... Sorry, I have about a million sites that I have looked at.
Fever or chills
Persistent fatigue, weakness
Frequent infections
Losing weight without trying
Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen
Easy bleeding or bruising
Tiny red spots in your skin (petechiae)
Excessive sweating, especially at night
Bone pain or tenderness

But it could be something else because I've been hyperventalating A LOT... so ya. XD

message 7: by Robin (new)

Some of these symptoms may be a result of you worrying about this. I dunno. I would mention it to someone close to you. A family friend? An aunt?

message 8: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Robin wrote: "Some of these symptoms may be a result of you worrying about this. I dunno. I would mention it to someone close to you. A family friend? An aunt?"

I know... everyone that I know freak out when I hyperventilate.... It's hilarious. But yes it probably is in my head... besides the hyperventilating, because I can't see to stop it. GRRRRR.

message 9: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments I'm sorry for bothering you... I'm way to dramatic... I was just wondering. And I've decided to tell my older sister! :D

message 10: by Robin (new)

Good stuff!
And it's cool. :)

message 11: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Lilsurprise, it's all cool. I had the BIGGEST freakout two years ago because I had convinced myself I had lung cancer. Turns out, I have asthma. XD

message 12: by LiveLoveTumble (new)

LiveLoveTumble | 350 comments Kyra wrote: "Turns out, I have asthma. XD"
You do????? I never knew that!!!

message 13: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 182 comments Kyra wrote: "Lilsurprise, it's all cool. I had the BIGGEST freakout two years ago because I had convinced myself I had lung cancer. Turns out, I have asthma. XD"

Ya... One time I got so worried I'd have a heart attack I would check my heart beat every two minutes. It was REALLY sad. The things I will do...

message 14: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments I get headaches all the time so that probably isn't anything.
One time I had really bad swollen lymph nodes and it was because I had really bad strep.
Persistent fatigue is probably school starting.
Losing weight, again, is probably school, you don't realize it but generally you eat less in the school year because you can't snack all day and you have a limited amount of time for lunch.
The sweating might be if you're used to wearing shorts and tank-tops and now your wearing more clothes your body is having a hard time adjusting.

It probably isn't anything but definitely tell our sister. Don't read too much into online articles either. One convinced me I had skin cancer and another told me I had bed bugs. Neither were true I actually had a spider bite that went away in a week.

message 15: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments LiveLoveTumble wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Turns out, I have asthma. XD"
You do????? I never knew that!!!"

It's not major. Like, I can still run the mile and whatnot. I try not to make a big deal about it because I can still do most physical activities.

message 16: by LiveLoveTumble (new)

LiveLoveTumble | 350 comments Oh, okay. Lucky you. If I run 50 feet I start coughing and can't breathe in all the way.

message 17: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Sorry...

message 18: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky113) | 1326 comments Mod
LiveLoveTumble wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Turns out, I have asthma. XD"
You do????? I never knew that!!!"

I didn't either!! And I've known you since...kindergarten!

message 19: by Jocelyn (new)

I'll put Frances question thing on here, sound good?

message 20: by Jocelyn (new)

Not sure what to call this topic.... (edit)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (1 new) post a comment » date newest »
message 1: by Frances Jan 11, 2013 08:17am
Hey, so I have this friend (lets pretend his name is Scott) and he's having trouble. He went through a really rough breakup over the summer and he still is in love with the girl. I only met him in October and since I've decided that I want to make him happy again. Last night he was really struggling with wanting to cut himself and I was wondering if any of you guys have gone through something similar or have any ideas on how to help him get through this.

I'm going to post this on RR too. Thanks guys!

reply | delete | flag *
message 2: by Robin Jan 11, 2013 11:56am
PM SD. I think she can help.

reply | delete | flag *
message 3: by Kyra Jan 13, 2013 05:56pm
Okay! Um... I'm not really good with advice, so, um...
Is... there another girl he can date? Maybe... just be there for him, be really nice to him... plan an outing for you and him and his friends???
I'm not good at this...

reply | delete | flag *
message 4: by Ducky Jan 14, 2013 04:46pm
{Hey Frances, do you mind if I move this to a different thread, it's a bit out of place.}

I don't know if my other advice helped, but I hope so. I'm so sorry.

reply | edit | delete | flag *
message 5: by Frances (new) Jan 25, 2013 08:12am
Ducky wrote: "{Hey Frances, do you mind if I move this to a different thread, it's a bit out of place.}

I don't know if my other advice helped, but I hope so. I'm so sorry."

Sure! And I think he's doing better now. Slightly I mean it's going to take a while.