Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It discussion

Read & Rate It > Read & Rate It Deadline

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (last edited Feb 20, 2009 06:09AM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 278 comments Mod
For all those who've signed up to read and review Secret Speakers for free, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline is February 16th, which will give you something to do on President's Day weekend in the U.S. Happy reading!

***UPDATE: The deadline is extended to March 16th. Unknowingly, my sister sent an invitation to all her contacts the day before the deadline. 25 more have signed up.

And to the dozens who have read Secret Speakers and given me feedback, your input has been invaluable. Thank you a million times over. Because of your feedback, I'm putting two chapters back in that I took out. They have to do with Axum and Tooli King. Hint: It has to do with the Joust & Dangle.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments YES!!!!!!!!

message 3: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments (giggling)

Bloomin’ChickJo (bloominchick) Karey, you should be SO PROUD of this book! Much of the feedback you've already rec'd is along what I was thinking at a couple of points - I'm sorry I'm getting to this a bit later than I planned! I wanted to post this so you wouldn't think I'd forgotten! (I'll be in touch soon!)

message 5: by Karey (new)

I welcome your feedback any time, Jo girl! And stop giggling, Weldon.

message 6: by Karey (new)

The deadline for reviewing Secret Speakers has passed and you've all been so instrumental in guiding the direction of the story's outcome. Thank you.

I apologize for being so absent. I've been away from the computer (mostly) for over a month, and it's been a much-needed break. My laptop, Spunkie, can no longer get onto the internet. It's sort of like an aging dog that can't walk up stairs any more. Sniff, sniff.

For me, it has meant waiting until I can use my husband's computer--when he's home that is, since he's a university coach who has a busy travel scedule. Next week I should be getting that new computer with my Textnovel prize money! I'm rubbing my hands together. I can't wait.

Also, I've been back in bed for awhile with a physical condition that sneaks up on me every once in awhile when I overdo it. This Read & Rate It event was my marathon. Sometimes just lying in bed is like running a race without going anywhere. Painful, but survivable. I watched about five French movies last week, and am completely caught up on who is in the final 36 for American Idol. Danny Gokey has got my vote. And Lil Rounds. Well, and Norm is too funny. And Matt Giraud. Amazing what several days in bed can do for a soul!

message 7: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments Sorry your health has been down, Karey and I hope you're feeling better.
And I can totally relate with the laptop thing. I finally got a new one a couple of weeks ago because my old one was slower than molasses and finally giving up the ghost. I could barely get my writing done.
It's also nice having a monitor that doesn't have lines running through it now:o)

message 8: by Karey (new)

Ain't it da trute, Jewel! I'm dreaming about my laptop and monitor. I'll be posting pics here once Spunkie gets replaced. Thank goodness my husband is in the middle of falconry season and he's out flying all the time when he's not working, so I've been able to use his laptop the last few days. Big grin.

message 9: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments That's good, Tell him your book will be a best seller because of his sacrifice:o)

message 10: by Karey (new)

I'm laughing so hard! Usually he's gone so much with his falcons that I'm feeling like I'm the one making a sacrifice. Your new insight is cracking me up! How funny. Perception is everything.

message 11: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments Well, my husband decided that getting me a new laptop would make my fingers fly, make the words flow, and help me top Stephanie Meyer one day. I still type slow, my thoughts still fog up, and I'm still laughing about the "Twilight Queen" comment. Oh, well, he can dream big enough for both of us:D

message 12: by Karey (new)

Or for the three of us! Aren't we so funny? I just finished the 24-hour goodreads writing update contest, and the fog was very thick indeed. But I did it. You should do it! Or are you already?

message 13: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments I think I missed that. what would I need to do?

message 14: by Karey (last edited Feb 20, 2009 05:59PM) (new)

The Goodreads Status Update Writing Contest is where you have 24 hours to write a story, micro post, by micro post, in the update bar of your home page, upper right side of the screen (where it says "Currently Reading: Update Status.").

You can connect it to your Twitter page and Facebook page, too. You have 140 characters per post as far as room goes. If you do it, have fun!

Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 15: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments Hey thanks, I'll check it out.

message 16: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments Yeah I saw that and thought about giving it a shot, but then I realized that while working two full-time jobs virtually every single update would read, "I'm still at work."

message 17: by Karey (new)

That would get sort of old, Weldon, I'm sure! But then, I'm sure there's someone out there who could relate to your repetitive story and feel truly touched by it.