Sheffield 2012 - Period 5 discussion

Recommend a book to Ms. Sheffield

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Lau (new)

Ms. Lau | 1 comments Mod
What book should Ms. Sheffield read, and why? Be sure to include specific details from the book.

message 2: by Mary (last edited Sep 14, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Mary | 1 comments I recommend that Ms. Sheffield read Twilight because I think Bella is a tortured soul much like myself and that Jacob is a metaphor for her self-destructive tendencies. This book is not for the squeamish.

message 3: by Rachel (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:07AM) (new)

Rachel | 4 comments I think you should read The Hunger Gamesbecause it is a exiting book that keep you on the edge of your seat. Catnis[the main character] is picked to go into the hunger games arena. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.I loved this book so much you should read it

message 4: by Breana (new)

Breana | 4 comments I recommend that Ms. Sheffield should read books of Lauren Myracle because she talks about everything about Winnie's life from her double digits to her teenage life. I also think you should read it because it can be just like your life and in my prediction i would think it would be like yours.

message 5: by Nina (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:02AM) (new)

Nina I recommend that Ms. Sheffield should read the book Hate List its about a girl named Val who got bullied in school and made a hate list of everyone who she hated and bulied her with her boyfriend.But what she didnt know was that her boyfriend ends up shooting everone in there school that was on the hate list. After the shooting Val has to go back to school and face everyone.I think this is a good book for Ms.Sheffield because she is a school teacher and know about drama with kids and this book is beoynd school drama.

message 6: by Chris (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:05AM) (new)

Chris | 3 comments I think Ms.Sheffield should read the book " The Magician's Elephant|6345760] " because it's a adventurous book that takes courage and bravery into one unexpected twist that changes a little boys life forever!

message 7: by Owen (last edited Sep 18, 2012 08:28AM) (new)

Owen I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book "Middle School, The Worst Years Of My Life" by James Patterson. I recommend this book because, I feel like it is a true life perspective on the 6th grade.Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 3 comments I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins because it is very exciting, and you never know what will happen. For example, when someone on Katniss' war team dies, Peeta who has been poisoned with tracker jacker venom takes her place.

message 9: by Anna W (new)

Anna W | 3 comments I recommend Ms. Sheffield to read the book Top 8: Book 1 by Katie Finn because it is a very captivating book. I was not able to put the book down. It's about a girl who's FriendVerse (like Facebook) is hacked. It's a story about her adventure to find out who did it and how her whole life changed because of one account on the internet.

message 10: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book The Outside of a Horse by Ginny Rorby because it is very unpredictable. When you think that it is reaching the top of the hill it falls to the bottom. It will really make you think about what its like to have a father that fought in a war and is trying to forget and horse the gets attacked by dogs and is also trying to forget, learn how one girl will bring them together and make herself remember every thing.

message 11: by Hetty (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:05AM) (new)

Hetty | 3 comments I recommend Ms.Sheffeild the book Mockingjay by the author Suzanne Collins because, it has many exciting twist and turns throughout the book.One example is when Catnish is about to go in to the quarter quell, Sena Cran (her designer) makes her a mocking jay a sign that will cause some interesting kinds of problems in the games. Another example is, in the beginning of the book she gives alot of her money to the very poor people who could not afford to even buy food, which shows she has a good heart.

message 12: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments Breana wrote: "I recommend that Ms. Sheffield should read books of Lauren Myracle because she talks about everything about Winnie's life from her double digits to her teenage life. I also think you should read i..."

I LOVE LAUREN MYRACLE!

message 13: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 3 comments I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book Stargirl by the author Jerry Spinelli because it is about a girl that is different. People do not accept her difference. Stargirl has a crush on Leo and says that he's cute. Then, for a while Leo likes Stargirl for who she really is. Later in the book, he wants her to change. Stargirl does not want to change. Over all, this book is about accepting people for who they are. I think that you would enjoy it.

message 14: by Stanley (new)

Stanley I recommend that Mrs Sheffield reads storm runner because it is a exciting and action packed book!!! Storm Runners by Roland Smith

message 15: by Henry h (new)

Henry h i recommend Mrs. sheffield the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I recommend this book because tis book has lost of action and susspence. I also recommend this book because this book is a great book for adult readers and for young adults.

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 3 comments I recommend ms.sheffield the book Maximum Security by the author Robert Muchamore. the reason I recommend this book is because it is about these kids who are spy agents, and they have to solve missions. This is like Ms.Sheffields life because she has to solve the students problems, like a spy.

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin | 1 comments I think you should read The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan because it is a good book and it is full of action. Also because if you like Greek myths you would like this book.

message 18: by Rachel (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:14AM) (new)

Rachel | 4 comments Madeline wrote: "I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book Stargirl by the author Jerry Spinelli because it is about a girl that is different. People do not accept her difference. Stargirl has a crush on Leo and says that..."
l agree to what madeline said. It is great book

message 19: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "I think you should read The Hunger Gamesbecause it is a exiting book that keep you on the edge of your seat. Catnis[the main character] is picked to go into the hunger games arena. But if she is to..."
I agree with this because when I read "The Hunger Games", I was always on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next. It is a great book.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I recommend that Ms. Sheffield should read the book/series, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. It is action packed and keeps the reader motivated to continue reading. It is about a girl named Katniss Everdeen that volunteers to be part of The Hunger Games after her sister is picked to be part of The Hunger Games. While she prepares and takes place of The Hunger Games, she goes through many interesting thoughts such as how to stay alive!

message 21: by Michael R. (new)

Michael R. I recommend Ms. Sheffield to read the book The Hunger Games by the author Suzanne Collins because it has a great plot. When you think the story might end it just gets better. Between the fake love of Katinss and Peeta and the action of The Hunger Games the book is great.

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 2 comments I recommend that Ms Sheffield should read the Sisterhood Of The Traveling pants.I think she should read this book because the book is about 4 friends of many different sizes, that magically all fit in to the same pair of pants. They are split apart for the summer and they send the pants to each other throughout their vacations. At the end of the summer they tell different stories about the things they did in the pants.

message 23: by Nina (new)

Nina Rachel wrote: "I think you should read The Hunger Gamesbecause it is a exiting book that keep you on the edge of your seat. Catnis[the main character] is picked to go into the hunger games arena. But if she is to..."
I liked Rachel's answer for what book Ms. Sheffield should read so i put it on my what to what to read list. I will definetly be reading the HUNGER GAMES soon! :)

message 24: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments I recommend that Ms.Sheffield should read Out Of My Mind by Sharon Draper. I recommend this book because it is very moving and you will fall in love with Melody, a 12 year old girl that can not walk or talk but does have a photographic memory. She can remember every experience she has been encountered with and is the smartest girl in her class but the other kids think she is mentally challenged and is smarter then most of the doctors and adults who also think this is true. But Melody proves them all wrong with help from Mrs.V, her helper Catherine, and her parent. They help her accomplish what she thought she would never be able to do!

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments I recommend the book Finally to Ms. Scheffield. The reason I recommend this book is because I think anyone can connect this book to their childhood. This is very funny book about a girl who can't wait to finally be twelve years old and be more independent. Like any kid turning twelve would want to be. This book is great for young adults and adult readers too!

message 26: by Elizabeth (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments I recommend the book Deep and Dark and Dangerous: A Ghost Story because it is about a girl named Ali who has found a mysterious picture with her mother in it in her attic. What Ali does not know is that her mother and father are keeping a secret of where that picture is from and the meaning behind it. One day Ali is invited by her aunt to go to the lake house with her and her cousin. This leads to Ali finding out what her mother has been hiding about the picture and why. I give this book 5 stars, and I think you would enjoy it.

message 27: by Tara (new)

Tara | 3 comments I recommend Ms.Sheffeild the book Life as We Knew It by the author Susan Beth Pfeffer because it is very exciting and has many twists and turns of surprising moments that will leave you shocked. This book is about a girl named Miranda and her family trying to survive while the world was stunned when an astroid hit the moon and effected all living things on the earth. For example in the middle of the book the skys turned grey and blocked all colors left which caused the plants in their own garden to die which included vegetables and fruits. They needed that garden to help them survive now they are facing the problem with even more savere conditions. The main problems were, food, warmth, shelter, and family. Another example is in the beginning of the book that their schools closed down therefore they were forced to be home schooled and there education were in low expectations. This was one of my favorite books.

message 28: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments Nina wrote: "I recommend that Ms. Sheffield should read the book Hate List its about a girl named Val who got bullied in school and made a hate list of everyone who she hated and bulied her with her boyfriend.B..."

Such a good book! Nina's right you should read it!

message 29: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments Madeline wrote: "I recommend Ms. Sheffield the book Stargirl by the author Jerry Spinelli because it is about a girl that is different. People do not accept her difference. Stargirl has a crush on Leo and says that..."

Good Book!!!!!

message 30: by Charlesb (new)

Charlesb | 3 comments I recommend Ms. Sheffield to read the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan because the book is full of adventure. You never know what comes next. Its first starts with a boy how thinks he has a problem and terns out he has special abilities.

message 31: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments Maggie wrote: "I recommend that Ms Sheffield should read the Sisterhood Of The Traveling pants.I think she should read this book because the book is about 4 friends of many different sizes, that magically all fit..."

I love this book and i will be reading the next one soon!